Most accurate Excalibur?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

yooper_man

Re: Most accurate Excalibur?

Post by yooper_man »

xcaliber wrote:Oppie's he shoots pretty dang good too, OneBigSkittle might have a word or two, same with Yooperman.
Still going with mine, or maybe Vixenmaster's, he has two, or three deer down already!
Yep, my Equinox is very accurate. I sold it to buy the Matrix 355. I would call them equally accurate, but the limitations falls on the shooter.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

imo, all excals are considered accurate.... but a bow is only as accurate as the arrow it shoots.
the lower the speed, the less the arrow is affected also.

so in my opinion(leaving optics out of this), a bow that shoots below 200fps, with straight, tuned aluminium arrows will yield the best results.
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Although I don't own one, my bet would be a Vixen 2. No real reason other than its so compact and comfortable.

I own an Ibex and it's no slouch in the accuracy department
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

[quote="Kenreich"]Hi guys,

Thanks for all the posts, ya as I read I'm more convinced my question was a stupid one...maybe a better question would be accurate at great distance...but I won't ask for responses to that...I think one of the best answers was whichever one is most comfortable for me to shoot...etc

There ya go!
As with firearms, most of it comes down to the guy pulling the trigger. We can do some things to remove variables but, take a deep breath, relax and enjoy shooting.

That's my thing, hard to stress when your sending arrows down range :D
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
wabi

Post by wabi »

I believe all Excalibur models have the potential for great accuracy.

The lighter draw models seem to have a better feeling trigger pull for a "production model" (no tweaking), but every one I've owned was decent. Had an Exocet that was a bit rough on the trigger pull, but a good cleaning solved that problem.
wabi
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Everyone I've shot with the right arrow combination will stack arrows but I've only shot 5 different models.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Easy one....The 'Point Blanc' [sp] model. It was a target xbow, no longer made . :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

awshucks wrote:Easy one....The 'Point Blanc' [sp] model. It was a target xbow, no longer made . :mrgreen:

The Apex has taken its place as the target model. That bein said wid the right combo all of them are fantastic in accuracy!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

My 9 yr. old son has been shooting my 380 .Can hit 1 1/2 dots at 50 yds. with stock arrows running 125 field points. He had never shot a crossbow before and he was hitting like this the first day we shot. This is off a bench with a Harris bipod. Largest group to date is 3" at 50 yards.(after sight in ) I do not shoot the same dot twice as I hate to replace vanes. The slower bows are just as good in the right hands and tend to be more forgiving.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I am willing to donate my time in return for the following to settle this question once and for all without bias.

I will gladly accept donations of each Excalibur model.
Along with the donation of 12 arrows from each of the best 4 manufacturers.

Once these donations arrive I will then do a proper controlled designed experiment to prove once and for all which Excalibur model is most worthy of King Arthur's Court when it comes to accuracy.

:D :D :D :lol: :D
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

xcaliber wrote:Finally Mr. Long Distance chimes in! What's shaking down yonder Steve?
I been real busy and all.making spear's and Atlatl thrower's .Making spears out of bamboo.Im fixin to put some of the arrow head's i knapped on a couple of the spear's .they are 6ft long .Just have to get good throwing them now .
I almost got me a rabbit with it so far .lol.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Oh ya i got one of Excaliber's {aka} Dan flemish string and Jerry's shafts BEA's .
The bow is sold now .but it's a shooter from all git out .Can't wait till i get my other 380 back from the paint shop.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

To many variables.....Shooter, trigger, bow setup including arrows, broadheads, scope etc. etc.

All models are capable of great accuracy. My Exomax and Matrix 380 are extremely accurate. Shooting from a benchrest both will honestly shoot broadhead tipped hunting arrows into the same hole in a Rinehart target at 50 yards and less, which is my personal limitation. That's when I do my part and dont pull the shot. :D
Excalibur Exomax
Scorpyd Vent.
TenPoint Stealth SS
Hawke Scopes
BEE Arrows
Flex Fletch Vanes
Rocket & Slick Trick Broadheads