Thieves suck.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fred T

Thieves suck.

Post by Fred T »

I went to go to my ground blind yesterday for a nice evening hunt and it was gone.We had some high winds so I did some initial searching in the general area to see if had just blown into the woods nearby,but no luck.I decided to hunt til sun down and search in the morning.Today went out on the ATV and covered A wide area where the wind could have taken it,but again no luck.So I have concluded that someone else thought they needed it more than me.It's disappointing since I purchased it only a month ago for me and my daughter to use this deer season.She was more upset than me.It' was private land so I was very comfortable it would be fine.Live and learn I guess.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
one shot scott

Re: Thieves suck.

Post by one shot scott »

Theives suck, they suck waaaay more when they ruin a kids day and hunting season. I'm sorry to hear of this man, I can only hope they have a change of heart
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

It takes a lot of ba!!s to steal ones equipment. Especially when there is a possibility of being confronted in the act when weapons are present. Karma is a bitch and they will get theirs!!! Sorry for your loss!!!
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

Sorry to hear your loss.
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

That's a reason I never leave the packing bag in my blinds. I leave them in my car in case they are taken. I don't wanta be that nice to thiefs.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

That's to bad, Here in Ontario you can not leave anything hunting related in the woods that is not locked up or it will be taken. Hunters degrading hunters

On the up side, I had a bunch of cameras , stands, and even a propane heater stole out of my area last fall. They were caught as I reported it to the local police and 4 months later found my own heater in a Local Hockshop.

The theif was convicted and now has a criminal record for life. Good on him !

ADVICE : Report all of these thief's as local police has record and they if they stop anyone that don't look right with them, you have a report to fall back on....
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

thats to bad even more so when kids are involed i lost a moultrie camera a little while ago it does suck
wabi

Post by wabi »

It could have been the wind. A collapsed blind can be hard to find. I lost one a few years ago and finally found it in a creek wrapped around a log jamb several months later. It was trash, but I finally knew where it went. :lol:
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mark everything you leave in the woods! Discreetly. If its obvious the theif will remove it. In the odd chance you come across it later you can identify it and so can the cops.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Wabi,it's inconclusive so yes it could have been the wind.But the amount of terrain covered in search of gives me the strong sense it was kidnapped.

scott, good points.If I get another I intend to put some indentifiers that only I will know are there.Also it will have a trail cam pointed in it's general direction.
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Fred T sorry for your loss of your blind. I try to put as many thieves I can in jail.

I had one of my favorite climbing stands stolen last week on some private land that is gated but it still doesn't stop the thieves. I am a Police Officer and never had any issues in 10 years on this property and I'm the only one that gets to hunt it but evidently someone else is trespassing on it. I had mine locked with a steel cable so they must have made 2 trips to come back after mine since I doubt they had bolt cutters with them.

I hope you and your daughter can still fins plenty of time to spend in the woods together.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

If they would let us cut off a couple hands a time or two I bet it would detour them a little :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

JPjunkie wrote:If they would let us cut off a couple hands a time or two I bet it would detour them a little :wink:
Amen to that
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Hester0305 wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:If they would let us cut off a couple hands a time or two I bet it would detour them a little :wink:
Amen to that
It might would save some police officers lives in the process I commend you for your service to the public my friend :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Hester0305 wrote:Fred T sorry for your loss of your blind. I try to put as many thieves I can in jail.

I had one of my favorite climbing stands stolen last week on some private land that is gated but it still doesn't stop the thieves. I am a Police Officer and never had any issues in 10 years on this property and I'm the only one that gets to hunt it but evidently someone else is trespassing on it. I had mine locked with a steel cable so they must have made 2 trips to come back after mine since I doubt they had bolt cutters with them.

I hope you and your daughter can still fins plenty of time to spend in the woods together.
Thanks Hester,the 2 week long gun season opened today so she was weilding her grandpa's 12 ga while I used the xbow.

Those dirt bags must have really wanted that stand if it was locked down ,on gated private land.
I applaud your efforts to put such folk behind bars.
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.