Eventful weekend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Eventful weekend

Post by Hester0305 »

I didn't kill anything this weekend but it wasn't for the lack of effort. I saw plenty of game but nothing I wanted to kill or could legally. I had a very nice bear come in at 25 yards Saturday morning in an area that I had baited for some deer hopeing for a big buck to stroll by, here in N.C. we're not allowed to hunt over bait for bear or turkeys. I watched the bear for about 35 minutes eating my corn where he eventually just laid down in the scattered corn and just started reaching with his paws to gather the corn. He was jet black and pretty fat and a little bigger than the one I killed last year.

Sunday afternoon I went to hunt my food plot and already had deer in it so I decided not to spook them and I slipped out and hunted over another stand where I have my hanging feeder and I had 9 gobblers and 6 hens come in to my feeder and a spike buck just before dark. I have pictures of a nice 9 pt at my feeder and several other small bucks along with some fat does that I'm hopeing will come by for a little snack while I'm in the stand.

I have to work all week and with the time change it will tbe he weekend before I can go again. I'm having some close calls on the deer but I'm trying to be a little picky I want to take adult does or a nice buck now they just need to cooperate.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
georgiaboy

Re: Eventful weekend

Post by georgiaboy »

Sounds like a great weekend to me!!! :D
I don't know about the rest of the jawga boy's but critter sighting's have gotten scarce for me the past couple of weeks. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

georgiaboy wrote:Sounds like a great weekend to me!!! :D
I don't know about the rest of the jawga boy's but critter sighting's have gotten scarce for me the past couple of weeks. :?
Its the calm before the storm Us Yankees call it the October Lull About the second week of October around here it gets boring But its the calm before the storm because thats when all hell breaks loose right after that How many deer can you guys kill down there now
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
cevans

Post by cevans »

Awesome field report. Its a great time in the woods when you can enjoy the wildlife like that. Day before yesterday,,had a bobcat under the stand trying to corral a chipmunk for about 5 minutes before she gave up. Chip was in a smallish hollow log giving her fits. The enjoyment of nature can be intense at times for us to enjoy. Enjoy your hunts and good luck to you.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

We can harvest 10 does & 2 bucks. The military base i hunt it's 3 does & 2 bucks.
I don't know why they dropped us down this year...can't even hunt half the base anymore!! :evil:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup sounds like a fine weekend, i saw 2 Doe's yesterday but they were too fer out of my range
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

georgiaboy wrote:We can harvest 10 does & 2 bucks. The military base i hunt it's 3 does & 2 bucks.
I don't know why they dropped us down this year...can't even hunt half the base anymore!! :evil:
:shock: :shock:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

georgiaboy wrote:We can harvest 10 does & 2 bucks. The military base i hunt it's 3 does & 2 bucks.
Thats a lot of deer Georgiaboy you can kill there.

We can take 6 deer here 4 does and 2 bucks or all 6 does.

Good luck to you all I hope the pre rut is coming for us here.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Observing that blackie snacking for 35 minutes would make it a great day in the woods.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Sounds like a great time! plenty of game around an just waiting . as I get older I spend more time sitting an watching than I do shooting but still like to shoot one at times :lol:
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Can't wait to see the picture of the one you decide on taking. :)

All the best,
John
ds762

Post by ds762 »

I didn't see squat Saturday till right before dark .. Saw the same 10 pt that I missed the prior Sunday. He came right in and I was about to smoke him with the new Matrix 380 at 28 yards when he turned and offered no shot opportunity. This is by far the biggest deer I've personally seen in the wild (180 class typical) and while I'm not a "horn hunter" .. I wanted this guy!!

Sunday brought a 150 class buck (that I would've been just fine with) and about 8 does .. Same story .. No shot opportunity ...

Looking forward to whacking something soon!!
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

ds762 wrote:I didn't see squat Saturday till right before dark .. Saw the same 10 pt that I missed the prior Sunday. He came right in and I was about to smoke him with the new Matrix 380 at 28 yards when he turned and offered no shot opportunity. This is by far the biggest deer I've personally seen in the wild (180 class typical) and while I'm not a "horn hunter" .. I wanted this guy!!

Sunday brought a 150 class buck (that I would've been just fine with) and about 8 does .. Same story .. No shot opportunity ...

Yer most certainly not from my area, wid those size Bucks around you
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ds762

Post by ds762 »

vixenmaster wrote:
ds762 wrote:I didn't see squat Saturday till right before dark .. Saw the same 10 pt that I missed the prior Sunday. He came right in and I was about to smoke him with the new Matrix 380 at 28 yards when he turned and offered no shot opportunity. This is by far the biggest deer I've personally seen in the wild (180 class typical) and while I'm not a "horn hunter" .. I wanted this guy!!

Yer most certainly not from my area, wid those size Bucks around you

Believe it or not .. I was hunting around the Deepwater area .. just inside the NW corner of St. Clair county.
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
Matrix380NC

Post by Matrix380NC »

Been really quiet over here in the NW mtns and the weather is up and down but we're finally starting to see a few lone scrapes. Muzzleloader is this saturday and I'm going to hunt over in tn with my dad just over the border but I'll be playing with matrix on sundays over here. It's a great change from the exomax but the only deer I'm seeing are either the munchkins or the does with this years fawns but hopefully this cold weather saturday may kick em in to some seeking and chasing. Still a great day in the woods for sure.....