Hope I don't get lost in the snow!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Hope I don't get lost in the snow!

Post by wheelie »

Just ordered a new winter coat for an everyday coat. If I don't come back here send out a search party for me. You should be able to see my "Wheelies Mechanical" logo on it. :wink:

http://www.shopofah.org/3-in-1-jacket-snow-camo/

Nice jacket with the logo if you are a member. Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters.
frisky

Re: Hope I don't get lost in the snow!

Post by frisky »

I think it would be hard to find you in the snow, IF you are wearing snow camo. :lol: :lol: :lol: It is a nice looking jacket for the late bow season. :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I think it would be better if you had a bullseye target on the back with the words trouble maker under it :lol: :lol: :lol:
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

we'll be looking for empty beer can, hope you have enough until spring :shock:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Masboy wrote:I think it would be better if you had a bullseye target on the back with the words trouble maker under it :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY HEY!!! I cause no trouble, trouble finds me!! :wink:

cdn.redneck wrote:we'll be looking for empty beer can, hope you have enough until spring :shock:
That's why the good Lord let man invent beer coolers so we don't run out. :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Perfect for yote hunting.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The effectiveness of snow camo when ground hunting in the white stuff cannot be overstated! I killed my biggest buck yet, a big SW Ontario bruiser 9-pt, on the ground in late DEC. I knew he was skirting my stands, found his escape routes, and set up downwind of one, (so late in the season couldn't set a stand without him busting me). I didn't have snow camo, so I took a huge white bed sheet, cut out a hole for my head and parked my ass on a tripod stool in deep snow. Within 10 mins of daybreak he just about walked over me! My Equinox took him down with a point blank 5y shot. So if you can't afford snow camo or need something quick in a pinch, a white sheet works great, completely erases your outline.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Yes I love my snow camo suit for hunting but this coat is my new everyday work coat. :)
wheelie

OFAH Snow Camo Coat.

Post by wheelie »

Got my new Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters coat. Nothing like the one Canadian Tire Sells. This one is the warmest winter coat I have ever got. Embrodery is nice on it with a big deer head. Excalibur is a Gold sponser member of the OFAH.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

racking up points wrote:The effectiveness of snow camo when ground hunting in the white stuff cannot be overstated! I killed my biggest buck yet, a big SW Ontario bruiser 9-pt, on the ground in late DEC. I knew he was skirting my stands, found his escape routes, and set up downwind of one, (so late in the season couldn't set a stand without him busting me). I didn't have snow camo, so I took a huge white bed sheet, cut out a hole for my head and parked my ass on a tripod stool in deep snow. Within 10 mins of daybreak he just about walked over me! My Equinox took him down with a point blank 5y shot. So if you can't afford snow camo or need something quick in a pinch, a white sheet works great, completely erases your outline.
That's all I use and can't beat the price.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Ont_Excal _ Is your young one getting implants? :lol:

Snow Camo is a must. Last winter in a snow storm I walked up to 15 feet from 6 deer and a couple gave me about a 6 sec stare then went about their business. I stood there for 20 minutes till they slowly wandered off. Did not have a weapon with me as I was just out for a snowshoeing expedition.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

wheelie_ just a little levity for the dark days of november. :wink: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

What's with the big words. Had to look that up.
noun, plural lev·i·ties.
1. lightness of mind, character, or behavior; lack of appropriate seriousness or earnestness.

2. an instance or exhibition of this.

3. fickleness.

4. lightness in weight.

Looks like it is not number 4

:lol: :lol: :lol: