My Dynaflight center serving didn't last long...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Olmanstand

My Dynaflight center serving didn't last long...

Post by Olmanstand »

Sighted in and hunted with my Ibex and the stock Dacron string. Picked up a stringing aid and a excal dyna then re-sighted. Liked it a lot, looks, performance, and sound. Double lunged a nice doe a week ago. Then noticed my serving starting to separate, right side hook mark then both marks. I have replaced the dyna with my excel string, gave Danny Miller a call but have to call back Monday. I hope to have it reserved and back on the bow soon.
Olmanstand

Re: My Dynaflight center serving didn't last long...

Post by Olmanstand »

Thinking about going to another bolt other than the stock bolts. Sounds like Black Eagles are popular, so are gold tips. What yall think?
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I,m an aluminum fan an always will be I think :?: but after shooting the Black Eagles in all my bows these arrows are in all my quivers for hunting an target shooting :shock:
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

The latches can be rough on servings.
I have some of Big John's Blazer vaned BE Executioners.I'm finding them to have improved accuracy vs Firebolts at 20 and 30 yds.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Guess I should have started off my very first post with hello to all! I used to hunt with a Mathews, sold out and didn't bow hunt for two seasons. Rifle hunted till this season. First time I picked up an excal I was in love. Now that I learned to polish the latches, I'm hoping my new or newly served fast flight string will hold up. Maybe during the off season I will get into a trigger tech, trying new bolts, etc. My first and unintended accessory is a Nikon Bolt XR which I love. Package scope lasted 20 shots, they sent me a new one but it's in the safe. Only one question, why aren't the latches mirror polished when they're manufactured?
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Opinions appreciated, closing in on some BEAs from big john custom, 92gr brass, blazers. Dose anyone cut or have cut to 19"? Seems like a lot of bolt in the stirrup.
If I stay with 100 to 125gr slicks, is a 92gr insert enough? I don't have the equipment to build my own yet, so I may just trust the professionals. Also if I invest in these I will sell my five firebolts, two are like new, other three need to be re-fletched.

Thanks in advance!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Olmanstand wrote:Opinions appreciated, closing in on some BEAs from big john custom, 92gr brass, blazers. Dose anyone cut or have cut to 19"? Seems like a lot of bolt in the stirrup.
If I stay with 100 to 125gr slicks, is a 92gr insert enough? I don't have the equipment to build my own yet, so I may just trust the professionals. Also if I invest in these I will sell my five firebolts, two are like new, other three need to be re-fletched.

Thanks in advance!
John's a great guy , a true pro and can make those any way you want. Lots of knowledge there about what works and why too. A pm or two will take care of details. Good luck and have fun.
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Olmanstand wrote:Opinions appreciated, closing in on some BEAs from big john custom, 92gr brass, blazers. Dose anyone cut or have cut to 19"? Seems like a lot of bolt in the stirrup.

Thanks in advance!
My BEE's from Big John with Lumenok's and a 125gr head weight is 447 shoot excellent. But I have a set of GT IV's cut to 19" with 2" Blazers & Lumenoks. With the same 125gr head they weigh 521gr. Even giving up nearly 15fps they shoot as good as the BEE's out to 50.
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Olmanstand wrote: Package scope lasted 20 shots...
What may I ask went wrong with it?
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Front lens cracked.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Olmanstand wrote:is a 92gr insert enough?
Thanks in advance!
92 gr is more than enough with a 100 gr broadhead.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

I normally would be in a stand rather than on a computer during deer season, but a strained rotator cuff has my right arm in a sling....we've been hunting hard the last two weeks and now this... I grazed a 14" 8pt, bolt hit a limb and broke in three places, my dyna went down, and so has my shoulder. At least I got a doe in the freezer.