Speeding up (??)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrow

Speeding up (??)

Post by Arrow »

Hello All
I`m shooting an old Exomag Crossbow wich makes around 290 FPS. That`s not very fast for targetshooting ,when i look on the speed rates of the newer Bows.Is it possible to mout faster (Excalibur)limbs on my CB ,ore is the hole System ,,overtaxed" than?
Greetings from Europe :wink:
vixenmaster

Re: Speeding up (??)

Post by vixenmaster »

You can put the newer mag tip limbs on it & the fast flite flemish strings. Pickup 12-15 fps
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

After you change to limbs with Mag Tips a forward riser will kick it up a big notch. You should have yourself an Exomax will all that said and done.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Shooting 290fps tells me it is a 185lb Exomag. Magtip limbs raise a bow 15lbs?
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:Shooting 290fps tells me it is a 185lb Exomag. Magtip limbs raise a bow 15lbs?
Magtips give nothing other than the ability to use a faster string. The forward riser will bump the poundage up 25 lbs. It may effectively make it a Max.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Stock Exomag is 185lbs shoots 290fps with a 375 grain arrow according to Old Excal papers. Believe mine is a half size which is a 185. Add on another 25lbs for forward riser would make it a 210lb. 400 grain arrow I shoot 318.1 FPS. Am I wrong in my thinking?
Last edited by wheelie on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:Stock Exomag is 185lbs shoots 290fps with a 375 grain arrow according to Old Excal papers. Believe mine is a half size which is a 185. Add on another 25lbs for forward riser would make it a 210lb. 400 grain arrow I shoot 318.1 FPS. Am I wrong in my thinking?
But what weight arra is the OP using?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

My riser to my string latch is 17 1/2 inchs on a strait riser. Plus my little modification. My Phoenix is 16 inchs on a forward riser. put a forward riser on makes pull 1 1/2 inchs longer. I was wrong also 212 1/2.

Did Excalibur ever put out a stock 200lb Exomag with a forward riser?

This is like pulling dam teeth. :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:My riser to my string latch is 17 1/2 inchs on a strait riser. Plus my little modification. My Phoenix is 16 inchs on a forward riser. put a forward riser on makes pull 1 1/2 inchs longer. I was wrong also 212 1/2.
You've been hanging our with my mayor I see! :lol: :lol: :lol: The forward riser does not change stroke. It changes the pre-load on the limbs/string.
frodo baggins

Post by frodo baggins »

Hi all I shoot a exo mag ,the last year they were made.Straight riser mag tip limbs,boo string with cat wiskers.410 gr arrow measured 312 fps at boo feast.Is that about what it should be.Shoots super quiet and smooth.Love it
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

HAHA you can be Mayor. I will be your campaign manager. We will call you Mayor Boo-Boo. Anyone asks you a question all you say to every question is "Hey Boo-Boo give him a picinic basket." Have premade food baskets every where we go. You will win the election by a landslide! :wink:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

frodo baggins wrote:Hi all I shoot a exo mag ,the last year they were made.Straight riser mag tip limbs,boo string with cat wiskers.410 gr arrow measured 312 fps at boo feast.Is that about what it should be.Shoots super quiet and smooth.Love it
How long is your rail from riser where it meets rail to trigger claw?

A 350 grain arrow would bring you around 328FPS. Maybe I am wrong.
Last edited by wheelie on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:HAHA you can be Mayor. I will be your campaign manager. We will call you Mayor Boo-Boo. Anyone asks you a question all you say to every question is "Hey Boo-Boo give him a picinic basket." Have premade food baskets every where we go. You will win the election by a landslide! :wink:
If I'm the idiot mayor how about you being my idiot brother? :lol: :lol: :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:
wheelie wrote:HAHA you can be Mayor. I will be your campaign manager. We will call you Mayor Boo-Boo. Anyone asks you a question all you say to every question is "Hey Boo-Boo give him a picinic basket." Have premade food baskets every where we go. You will win the election by a landslide! :wink:
If I'm the idiot mayor how about you being my idiot brother? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Obama got voted in the first time for just using one sentence. We can do it also. :lol:
frodo baggins

Post by frodo baggins »

My rail to the claw is 17.5 in