Retired the equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Retired the equinox

Post by Masboy »

after going all over my sons equinox an making a fine new string ,new arrows great trigger an many other things an after three long days of shooting I hung it back on the rack in the shop an there it will stay an let the boys shoot it :shock:

It shot great with the BEA an was very fast compared to my vixen an much less affected by wind an deadly accurate but was just heavy,long,an wore me down cocking it even after making the cocking rope real short. a fine bow for a normal shooter that does not get carried away like I do an have long ,long shooting days that I can,t hardly stop .

was waking up in the mornings an my hands were so stiff an hurt an did not know what was wrong then figured it out an stopped shooting it so much an hung it up an all better now :lol: made up my mind about wanting a higher poundage bow for all the shooting I do . I,m thinking more like a 150-175 lb matrix now :lol:
vixenmaster

Re: Retired the equinox

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i knowed what you mean about fingers n hands hurt in the cold. Felt like me knuckles were draggin the ground!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Post by strum »

xcaliber wrote:You won't be waiting for too long, I gotta feeling the new models are going to be out soon, and the lower poundage ones on the smaller frame will go like crazy! I don't think they will be able to keep them on the shelves at the shops long.
I think we are a small crowd. most of the folk who buy will be looking for the highest poundage fastest models. that's what sells and that's what made the 380 such a hit.
like the guy who was asked why he totes a 45
he replied "because they don't make a 46"
its just the nature of most guys to want the biggest fastest strongest whatever.
the lower lbs bows will sell ok.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

I cant wait to see what they have :D I started with the 380 and Im hoping for something bigger 8)
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Well, I for one am delighted with the 355 :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I guess I,m going back words ! now instead of big magnum rifles I hunt deer with a 223 an a small vixen crossbow an fine they both get the job done with a well placed shot an a lot more fun to practice with for me.as I get older i find the smaller the better :lol:
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Masboy wrote:I guess I,m going back words ! now instead of big magnum rifles I hunt deer with a 223 an a small vixen crossbow an fine they both get the job done with a well placed shot an a lot more fun to practice with for me.as I get older i find the smaller the better :lol:

Must be why I find it necessary to wear bifocals these days! :lol:
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Same here! I guess the bull of the woods days are over for me an the only bull left in me is what I,m full of :lol:
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Get a 380 ........

Shoot less, hit where you want more!!!! 8)
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I liked the Equinox when I had it, but the Matrix 355 is the best of Excalibur's lineup in my opinion. Plenty of power and so compact. I mean really how deep does someone need arrows buried in the ground after a complete pass through?

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

xcaliber wrote:You won't be waiting for too long, I gotta feeling the new models are going to be out soon, and the lower poundage ones on the smaller frame will go like crazy! I don't think they will be able to keep them on the shelves at the shops long.
X2, Matrix 150 or Matrix 175 and I will be dreaming for one of them.
Thanks,
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I sold every magnum rifle i owned yrs ago. We have 2 rifles left in cases in the attic, Rem. MoHawk 243 & a Swed model 96 6.5x55. I do break out one of me ML's every once in awhile to hunt wid fer tick toters. I prefer the lil savage 22 to use fer deer huntin wid a rifle. I mostly use me Excals now. Would i own a Matrix 380 yup jus can't afford it. So next inline is the 355, it will still give me 300 + fps wid 500 + gr arrows. Hit a deer in the shoulders watch it crumble :) What a adrenalin rush!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Buy a 380 and a C2. :D My 9 yr. old cocks it fine. I would like to see just how big the Matrix will go so my son can have the 380 and I can play with the next monster. I like as much power as I can get. The thrill of riding the lightning is what its all about or better yet controlling the lightning. :lol:
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
Alahunter

Post by Alahunter »

I am new to crossbows and my first and only is the matrix 380. It is all you can ask for and then some. Only problem I have is that the bolt passes through and you cannot find the bolt when shooting deer from a pop up blind. A thicket was 20 yds behind the deer and bolt vanished in it. Guess that's a good problem.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:Yup i knowed what you mean about fingers n hands hurt in the cold. Felt like me knuckles were draggin the ground!
Mike, nothing wrong with shooting a "MAX", except you will start wearing a 16 1/2 x38 shirt!! :lol: :lol: :lol: