goodbye Exomax 225, hello Matrix 380!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cat power

Re: goodbye Exomax 225, hello Matrix 380!

Post by Cat power »

I will probably trade my 2010 Ibex, which I thought I would never sell, for a new Matrix 355 next year. The extra speed and narrower width are 2 features that interest me the most. Too late in the year to do it now, but wish I would've done it in August, I also want to see what new products Excal introduces in 2014.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

I really like my Ibex but if I had the funds would I trade up to a Matrix?You bet.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

A 380 was my first crossbow so I don't have any experience with the others. Having said that, I was a little worried about the size and shape and what to do with it while sitting for hours on stand. I must say that the package really does fit my lap and the dimensions of my Summit Revolution! :D

I had considered buying something else to mount on my stand or tree, but it's a very nice fit indeed when laying in my lap or on it's side between either side of my footrest when I'm rattling, taking a leak, etc. wouldn't want anything wider or longer! :wink:

Matrix baby! :twisted:
taz3

Post by taz3 »

paulaboutform wrote:
taz3 wrote:I think the size of the new Matrix line up, is by far its best attribute, and using an F350 diesel for pulling a utility trailer could be the same analogy! :roll:

Congrats on your Matrix, I enjoyed the refinements from previous models too.
Thank you. Just to clarify, I'm not calling or assuming anyone is stupid. I was simply pointing out that even though a new xbow may not have been 'needed', acquiring new things is not necessarily about need. I was very happy with my old xbow and even though it was a real performer, the new one truly is that much better. I'm not trying to get into a p_ _ _ing match with anyone I just don't get the negativity. I thought this would be a place like minded people with similar interests could get together.
Never thought you were, I was just poking fun too! It doesn't always work in text format though. :oops:

All the best with your new Matrix! :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your Matrix, I agree with you because I had a Vortex that my brother now hunts with and I loved it until I shot the Matrix. The Matrix is better balanced with a lot less vibration that the Vortex was even though I killed everything I shot at with the Vortex.

My brother has shot my Matrix several times and he can tell the difference also.

I think Excal has made a hugh step forward and I can't wait to see what they offer for 2014.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Excalibur

Post by Excalibur »

Congrats on your upgrade!... I just got the Matrix 380....been using the Equinox for 4 years now...not a single problem with it...taken many deer...daddy just needed a new toy!
NRA Life Member
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

paulaboutform wrote:I just traded up to the new Matrix 380 and I can't believe how much these xbows have improved. The entire feel, balance, light crisp trigger...amazing!!! Also, MUCH quieter and dead on the shot. I love the new compact size. This really is incomparable to the earlier models. Good job to the folks at Xcal on their newest flagship xbow. I love it!!!
Nice upgrade. How did you like the change from traditional stock Exomax to the thumbhole design on the Matrix 380?

I also made the change from a 2012 Equinox to my Matrix 355. Same power and so much more compact. My daughter shot my Equinox just fine, but she love the Matrix 355 much more.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's