the most accurate veins

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

the most accurate veins

Post by paulaboutform »

I was thinking of switching to 2" Blazers from the standard 4" that come stock on the Firebolts. Is anyone finding the helical is reducing speed? Recommendations welcome. :?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Lake shooter

Re: the most accurate veins

Post by Lake shooter »

xcaliber wrote:I like the 2" Bohning Blazers. I also use the Zeon glow in the dark veins, which are a pain to put on, but they fly great too! I have also no complaints with the AAE 2.25" Maxx Hunter Vanes.
X, I had nothing to do a couple of nights back and did lots of reading on the Zeon Glow veins and adhesion troubles. Everything that I found said that good old Super Glue (cyanoacrylate ) solved the problem, and it's fast!
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Why not just use the fast stuff? Just curious. :wink:
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Lake shooter wrote:
xcaliber wrote:I like the 2" Bohning Blazers. I also use the Zeon glow in the dark veins, which are a pain to put on, but they fly great too! I have also no complaints with the AAE 2.25" Maxx Hunter Vanes.
X, I had nothing to do a couple of nights back and did lots of reading on the Zeon Glow veins and adhesion troubles. Everything that I found said that good old Super Glue (cyanoacrylate ) solved the problem, and it's fast!
Trust me, it's not that simple. They are the hardest vanes to make sticj I've tried. AND, due to the ribs, they are harder to work with in some jigs. A helical AAE jig (Bolt) is virtually impossible to use with em.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Cossack wrote:
Lake shooter wrote:
Trust me, it's not that simple. They are the hardest vanes to make sticj I've tried. AND, due to the ribs, they are harder to work with in some jigs. A helical AAE jig (Bolt) is virtually impossible to use with em.
I never said that they were simple to use, nothing of the sort. Only relaying a summation of the reviews the way I understand them. Please don't shoot the messenger! 8)