What is this? Matrix 401?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: What is this? Matrix 401?

Post by Pydpiper »

Just a matter of time before they go mainstream. :D
I remember when black crossbows came out before Excalibur, they were made fun of here for being "tactical".
Now lots of people own them.
Then the fast bows came out before Excalibur, they were mocked too for their speed.
Now lots of people own them.
It's just a matter of time. History has shown, if it is built, it will sell.
I wonder what the solid rail will do for the sound and vibration?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

darwal44 wrote:I ask myself the same question: How do they get the 280 lbs with the same power stroke?
Nevertheless if Excalibur would have made the matrix rail one inch longer maybe they would have reached the 400 fps velocity. Not big difference in hunting but sure in marketing. :lol:

You wouldn't be able to cock it. :(
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

If it,s anything like some of the cz 22 rifles we have it will be hard to beat for accuracy :lol: looks great!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

darwal44 wrote:I ask myself the same question: How do they get the 280 lbs with the same power stroke?
Nevertheless if Excalibur would have made the matrix rail one inch longer maybe they would have reached the 400 fps velocity. Not big difference in hunting but sure in marketing. :lol:
Could change the angle(preload) in the riser. just a thought
Dash

Post by Dash »

Interesting....... I wonder how their warranty will stand up with a dryfire.
Unlike the matrix 380 it looks like it has no ADF, which I believe was installed by excal because a dryfire would destroy the limbs with that higher poundage.
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

Could change the angle(preload) in the riser. just a thought
I think they are using the same riser of the Matrix. And yes, it looks like it doesn´t have the Guardian Anti dry fire system.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I think its a Matrix 355. Non-camouflaged riser, no ADF, added cheekpiece and the Matrix 355 emblem removed for the left side of the stock.

They replaced the Excalibur rail for their own and marketed it as a Matrix 401. Minus the actual Excalibur parts, the large bold white lettering on their rail screams out imitation and cheap knockoff.

Andrew
Last edited by yooper_man on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Pretty plain to see they bought some shares in the company. What a good way to get them on that side of the pond. That's how they got them in the US easier. What screams at me is the logo. Same kinda arrowhead as Excalibur uses. :wink:

That or someone wants to get their ass sued. :wink:
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Just wanted to put this out there....if you look at the gun world there are many custom shops that are using actions from one manufacture and custom barrels or stocks to make in their mind the perfect firearm. This is really no different...they are buying the bows and swaping in their own custom parts. NOW...that being said you won't see the name "Remington" or "Savage" on these firearms so that is what is kind of puzzling but really if they are buying them for the North American retail value and modifying them and charging what they want or what they can get and there is no longer an Excalibur warantee....is there really an issue?
I do see some other Excalibur bows on their site though for sale that are 100% stock and then their is another called the Ultramax that has the custom aluminum riser also!

RyanB
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I don't fault anyone for making a rail shorter or longer or doing some custom work. In fact I plan to radically customize my 380 this summer. Not by +or - the rail, but I'm thinking of doing some powder coating.

I only question the use of a solid chunk of aluminum for his rail. Having never handled one I could only think she'd be a bit of a led sled. I wonder if a smf would be a better choice? (Not that I would personally try) Some things are best left to the pro's and I trust Excal to do the proper testing and research
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

one shot scott wrote:I only question the use of a solid chunk of aluminum for his rail. Having never handled one I could only think she'd be a bit of a led sled. I wonder if a smf would be a better choice? (Not that I would personally try) Some things are best left to the pro's and I trust Excal to do the proper testing and research
Just because it looks solid though doesn't mean it actually is though! A chunk of billet 6061 or other aircraft aluminum machined to shape and then hogged out is going to be way stonger than most formed risers.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Maybe your right.

Maybe it only looks like its a solid rail. Hard to say just looking at a picture and i dont speak his lingo. The guy likely knows that weight would be a major issue.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Yes, that's what they says, but what I'd want to know is there is some kind of association with Excalibur?
Nope, we have nothing to do with this company. They must be a European dealer who tinkers, never seen this bow before. One of the pictures on their website shows a crossbow with the quiver on backwards so I'm not sure how much I would trust their work :D .

Peter
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

you might want to consider having your trademark lawyer send them an appropriate nastygram....there is obviously a likelihood of confusion.....hopefully your dealer/distributor agreements carefully define how they can and can't use your marks......