Quick Fletch/Quick Spin

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Quick Fletch/Quick Spin

Post by Lake shooter »

Have any of you used the above? Understand please: I'n not asking what your favorite vanes are or what anyone/everyone uses, it's a specific question.

I have one unused from my last set of arrows. I set it on the rail of my 380 and it looks like the tip of the vane may actually touch the bottom of the grove. When I set the vanes from the Quick Fletch/Quick Spin on top of the stock vanes on the diablos (upside down of course), the former look to be just a tad taller, although very slightly. Also, is the thickness of the shrink wrap tube to which the vanes are glued enough to affect accuracy because of slightly raising the back end of the arrow? Yes it's a very slight amount, I know.

Looking for actual experience with the above here, thanks in advance for your cooperation! 8) :wink:
mchurch

Re: Quick Fletch/Quick Spin

Post by mchurch »

I use the NAP quikfletch quikspin crossbow version. They are a low profile 3 inch vane. I use them on Spynal Tapps, BEE's and Goldtip laser 3's. I get outstanding accuracy and have never had an issue with them scraping the bottom of the channel.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Thanks for that. I don't see why the "crossbow" version would be 3" and the regular version 2", as the stock vanes that come on the Diablos are 2" and work just fine with COC broadheads. Marketing I'll bet: they know that by putting "crossbow" on the pack they'll likely sell more units just as the broadhead makers do! 8)

I just did some checking and the crossbow model has 1/16" less vane height. Also checked the heights of the regular 2" against the Blazer, and according to the specs the Blazer is actually a tad higher!!!! That's not what my eye tells me, but maybe the vanes on the Diblos aren't "Blazer" brand specifically. They look like it, but there are many knockoffs.
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Quick fletch shrink to fit .Do the vanes shrink when installed ? Try one and see.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

No, the only thing that shrinks is the shrink tube. I don't need to try them....... I already said that I had one left over from doing my last set of arrows, but that was for my POS Mathews, so........... I HAVE tried them! :mrgreen: