Swacker broad head with Excalibur 380?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kenreich

Swacker broad head with Excalibur 380?

Post by Kenreich »

Can I use a swacker broad head with an Excalibur xbow? Or is it too light at 100gran/125 gran...

Any input would be great, because I still want to get a deer this year...I borrowed a bow for this season..

Thanks
Ken
Normous

Re: Swacker broad head with Excalibur 380?

Post by Normous »

You sure can use the Swacker out of Excaliburs. Sight in first using them and adjust POI.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup, wrap a piece of tape around the ferrule so the big blades don't fly open
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Kenreich

Post by Kenreich »

Can I sight in using field points? Which field points do you recommend if I can use them? I called bass pro and they said the broad heads were too light for Excalibur, especially the matrix 380...I live in Ontario, any recommendations regarding where to order from?
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I was shooting Swhacker 125's when I first bought my 380 and just sighted in using the tape up the blades to the ferrule method as described before. Shot like freaking darts, but some of the bad reviews here and elsewhere made me leery of hunting with them.

I plan on doing some doe only hunting with them in January and February to see for myself. I hate losing ANY deer, but wouldn't be as out of sorts over a doe as I would a giant buck!!!!! :roll: :oops:
bobbyliv2fish

Post by bobbyliv2fish »

I shoot swacker 150.
Kenreich

Post by Kenreich »

Swacker 150g where do you get that weight?
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Kenreich wrote:Swacker 150g where do you get that weight?
My question exactly, never seen them or heard of them before and they're not on the Swhacker webpage, see here: http://www.swhacker.com/swhacker-products
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Not sure where you are in ontario but bass pro in toroto has them and erie trackers in port colborne! only two places i have found them! never heard of 150gr i shoot 100gr out of my 355
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Kenreich

Post by Kenreich »

Hey Guys, thanks for the great input...

Ken
Wisc Mac

Post by Wisc Mac »

I took a doe a 25 yds with a 125 gr Shwacker on Black Eagle Executioner. Got both lungs and put a 1" gash across the top of heart. She only made it another 25 yds before expiring leaving a easy to follow blood trail the whole way.
Matrix 380 Xtra
Winchester Model 94
Benelli SBE II
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

after reading some of the concerns here and elsewhere about swhackers destroying xbow arrow shafts, I became leary (search the forum for "swhacker" if you want to see the discussions). Then I shot one of mine, and while it did not destroy the shaft, it left a mark where the blade did hit the carbon firebolt. Hitting bone in an animal or a hard target could easily drive the blade into the shaft with enought force to break it. I sold my unopened package of them, and bought Rages instead.
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Buy slick tricks instead.
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Peacemaker wrote:after reading some of the concerns here and elsewhere about swhackers destroying xbow arrow shafts, I became leary (search the forum for "swhacker" if you want to see the discussions). Then I shot one of mine, and while it did not destroy the shaft, it left a mark where the blade did hit the carbon firebolt. Hitting bone in an animal or a hard target could easily drive the blade into the shaft with enought force to break it. I sold my unopened package of them, and bought Rages instead.
I have Swhacker 125gr & I read the same concerns and checked mine and saw there would be a problem hitting a hard spot. As such I took a look at the 100gr Crossbow Version they released and made note of how much clearance was between the shaft and wing blades. Then I took my dremel and removed a very small sliver of metal from the back of the wing blades at low speed, didn't take much and they were clear of the arrow shaft. Took them out to the range shot a few with the tape around the ferule like they say and they shot the same as they did before removing the metal out to 50. Found out later on their Web-Site in the FAQ's they recommend the same metal removing procedure to wit:
"When the broadhead opens the back side of the wing blade makes contact with my arrow. Can I file off that small portion that is making contact with my arrow?
Filing back a slither of steel from the inside wing blades will not affect the performance of the head or flight pattern. With that said, careful attention must be taken when removing even a small portion of the wing blade. Even a small bend in the wing blade will alter arrow trajectory."

That said I will use these but not replace them once gone. Gonna stick with Magnus and Slick's. :mrgreen:
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I'm still wanting to give mine a try, and had already decided to remove the blades and do as suggested except on a bench grinder with very light contact. Better tolerances in building would make all this moot, but alas.

I do want to see how they work, as said in the "World's deadliest broadhead" thread, I'm still searching for that combination of a great shooting and killing BH while also having as close to a guarantee of a great blood trail as possible.

Most of the bad reviews on Swhackers have the poster saying something like "I made a great shot, but.......". That always leaves me less than convinced ! :roll: