Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Re: A Year In The Making...

Post by Lake shooter »

Great read, thanks for your efforts and congrats on hanging tough! :wink:
tjbadger

Post by tjbadger »

Thanks for sharing your hunting experiences. You are a terrific writer and my son and I could not stop reading until the story was done. You wrote so well that it felt like we were right there with you. Thanks again!
Broadside

Post by Broadside »

Thanks for the great read! Congrats on the handsome bucks, and good luck on your quest for a monster in his prime :D
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Wonderful hunting tale. You definitely have a great way with words, my friend. It seemed like we were there beside you, and I am sure many of us wish we were there in person. Keep up the good work and great stories. :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
maple

Post by maple »

GREAT read Iron, thanks...........it begs the question though........I thought you were married........! :wink:
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

X2, another Mike P....... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Again Folks, I want to Warmly Thank You for your Kind Words!
Hunting is beyond a Passion for me, and as such I find the telling of the tales a way to share that. Nice to know that is well received!! :D
maple wrote:GREAT read Iron, thanks...........it begs the question though........I thought you were married........! :wink:
30 Years and counting Maple! :wink:

Got DAMN LUCKY when I met my Better Half! In the beginning I gave her a Warning well before we were hitched: Pick up a rifle and Learn How To Use it... Or face The Fact you WILL be a "Widow" three months plus each and every year.

For many years She was my constant Companion in the Hunt, and She enjoyed a LOT of Success! She took a hiatus when we lived in the Arctic not wanting to face down that level of extreme cold. But this very fall she informed me She is once again ready to be at my side for future hunts down the road!
Between that, and Her Constant Support & Encouragement over the Many Years of Hunting, I could Not be Any Happier!! :D

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Another awesome read! Thanks for sharing!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Excellent read! You showed us how it is done, way to go...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

xcaliber wrote:... Congrats on the successes, and lasting memories, they will fill our souls as we grow old! Don't forget to remind your wife how lucky you are!
This time of year I tend to wander over the many memories of past triumphs and failures while afield as I suspect most of us do. Have had a damn good run thus far, and of course look forward to hopefully many more seasons of the same! And Yes, those Fine Memories help to keep the Fire inside me at least flickering until the approach of the next coming opening...

My Lady WELL knows just how much I Appreciate her! Something that I am Thankful for to the depths of my soul, and something I do share with Her on pretty much a daily basis. I hunt (and fish) more than anyone else I know. An awful lot of that due to Her Understanding, Patience & Support.

Speaking of Memories, I found myself yesterday wandering a few of the old albums of past hunts. Thought I would share some of the many successes I have been fortunate enough to experience along this ride...
So, here are a small handful of the Blacktails I have managed to somehow work Into The Plan over the past nearly 20 years...

Couple more to come...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

And how many of them have ended up (LOL):

The Rigors and Challenge associated with hunting these Island Ghosts is Damn Tough to put into words. Rather than attempt to describe that, I thought I would share a Buddy's Video of Hunting Blacktails on the Island. Very Decent job of Capturing What It Is All About while well showing the type of terrain and landscapes we work in their pursuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT7fr3qO_bU

And another, put together by a Buddy over on the mainland where they hunt a little larger variety of the same species: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySNcrs6_ ... jpHNGZqCDA

Another Fine Season under our belts now, sitting back and Relishing the Great Memories it brought along, and of course, Already in Planning Mode for next year's Pursuit! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
frisky

Post by frisky »

awshucks wrote:X2, another Mike P....... :mrgreen:
My thoughts exactly! :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Wow. Thank you so much! That was awesome!!!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Riverside archer

Post by Riverside archer »

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. This was every bit as good as my Capstick books. Keep 'em coming!