Want to "Rent" a Smoker?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

Want to "Rent" a Smoker?

Post by ch312 »

So, most of you have likely noticed my thread about still hunting and the frustration I've been having with these highly pressured public land deer.

I'm wondering if anyone within 30-45 minutes of Brantford in WMU 90 with their own land or has access to private land with a good deer population would be willing to give me access for the remainder of the season to try and tag a doe. I guess I could try for a buck if you're not in 90.

In exchange I will let you borrow my propane smoker for a week or two to do your own smoking. Or, if you have your own smoker, I can offer a few wheelbarrows worth of split and debarked apple wood that's ready to use.

I know it's a long shot, but this guy needs some venison in the freezer :D

Use this:

To make this for Xmas dinner:

awshucks

Re: Want to "Rent" a Smoker?

Post by awshucks »

Dang, that looks good! Good luck, I'd jump on it if I was closer and smoker-less, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Old school fridge turned into a smoker = AWESOME, would love to see a pic of the inside.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Bullzeye wrote:Old school fridge turned into a smoker = AWESOME, would love to see a pic of the inside.
Ask and thou shall receive :D

Seeing as you should never have any plastic inside a smoker I had to replace the plastic trim with aluminum around the perimeter of the main unit along with the door too. Red RTV high temp silicone is food safe.

It was bright white and spotless before seasoning it. I should have taken some before pics...
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Very cool, what are you using as a heating element? and is there an air intake vent ? or do you even need one?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Bullzeye wrote:Very cool, what are you using as a heating element? and is there an air intake vent ? or do you even need one?
I'm using the side burner (what you'd use for a frying pan or boiling water) from the side of a BBQ hooked up to a propane tank. An electric element is easier all around, but it costs more to operate on electricity and you always need a power supply.

The air intake is directly below the burner and is required to fine tune the temperature by opening or closing the baffle. I guess closing off the exhaust vent can result in an off taste as you want the smoke to flow up and out quickly.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Very cool ty. If I can get my hands on a food grade metal drum I want to try making a smoker from this kit.

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/b ... smoker-kit
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone