Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deerstalker

Crossbow info

Post by Deerstalker »

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Pydpiper

Re: Crossbow info

Post by Pydpiper »

Unfortunately it is getting harder and harder to put crossbows in the same league as compounds or recurves. The only thing they have in common is the fact that the projectile is an arrow.
I love mine, and will always hunt with it, but they are getting farther and farther from archery.

Throw some key words out there and the last thing most would think of is a "bow".
-Stock extenders
-custom single and two stage triggers
-Leopold scopes

Those terms are not exactly synonymous with archery, not the archery that so many are familiar with anyways. It is not hard to see why some have such a hard time accepting them.
As long as the laws keep them included in archery, I will be a happy guy!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Education is best for all. The website link that Deerstalker posted is an attempt to educate the poorly misguided.

Is it right that some modern compound bows have 85% let off vs longbows or recurves. Archery equipment have changed over the years and will endure many more in the coming years.

If the equipment I use is legal in my state then I will use it. I work with a guy that despises crossbows, since he makes his own longbows, arrows and flemish strings. I have listened to his rants, but no matter I just smile and go about my buisness.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Hunter from Hell

Post by Hunter from Hell »

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs but they should understand that they are
only 1 person. Myself I have just started using a X-bow I can no longer pull
my Compound bow do to a shoulder injury I will continue to use my new 380
until I can no longer drag the game to my vehicle
Again I am just stating my opinion don't mean to offend
Matrix 380 Extra
150g Bolt cutters
Diablo Bolts
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

yooper_man wrote:Education is best for all. The website link that Deerstalker posted is an attempt to educate the poorly misguided.

Is it right that some modern compound bows have 85% let off vs longbows or recurves. Archery equipment have changed over the years and will endure many more in the coming years.

If the equipment I use is legal in my state then I will use it. I work with a guy that despises crossbows, since he makes his own longbows, arrows and flemish strings. I have listened to his rants, but no matter I just smile and go about my buisness.

Andrew
Ahh Yes, I just got the "anti- crossbow" rant from a guy I was hunting with a few weeks ago, should only be allowed for disabled people blah blah blah, as he hunting with a scoped 30-06 :shock: Really?
His grandmother owns the land we hunt a lot an she does not allow any tree stands, feels it gives hunters a unfair advantage, perfectly fine to drive deer into a open field with hunter's around it armed with rifles, that's how they've alway's hunted. She does let me archery hunt from a blind.
Ya can't change people's minds most of the time.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100