Anyone buy a 380 and wish they had the 355? or the opposite?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FNARSCOT

Re: Anyone buy a 380 and wish they had the 355? or the oppos

Post by FNARSCOT »

I have a 380 and it shoots great .I really don't see me getting a smaller bow or needing a bigger one. If anything ever happened to my limbs I would replace them with the ones from a 405 just because. I like a bow that shoots as flat as possible. Get a C2 Crank and you can shoot till you are too old to carry a bow. If I found a deal on a 330 or 355 I would get it for one of my sons but would never trade the 380 for one. If I ever wanted to launch really heavy arrows at anything like elephants or t-rex it is nice to know I have plenty of power :lol:
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String

Post by newbie »

FNARSCOT wrote:I have a 380 and it shoots great .I really don't see me getting a smaller bow or needing a bigger one. If anything ever happened to my limbs I would replace them with the ones from a 405 just because. I like a bow that shoots as flat as possible. Get a C2 Crank and you can shoot till you are too old to carry a bow. If I found a deal on a 330 or 355 I would get it for one of my sons but would never trade the 380 for one. If I ever wanted to launch really heavy arrows at anything like elephants or t-rex it is nice to know I have plenty of power :lol:
same limbs different power strokes on the matrix lineup.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Went with the 380 myself, and NO Looking Back! :D

Even at 55 years young, and with a mess of a left shoulder, I found no issues shooting it for extended periods. And it is simply Devastating on deer! :wink:

Won't be trading this one off any time soon, that is for sure!

Cheers & Good Luck with your selection!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Went to Bass Pro today. The only Matrix bow they had was the 355. That thing looks and feels great. Since I don't have the funds ready for a purchase, I wasn't even going to ask to shoot it, I'm not even sure if they would let me.

Sounds like everyone is happy with what they have. And I think when I am able, I am goin with the 380. It comes with ADF, which I don't mind, since you can still unload it without having to shoot it.

Thanks for all the responses.....RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

"same limbs different power strokes on the matrix lineup." I Read the 380 has 260 limbs and the 405 has 290 an 1/4" longer stroke to give you 25 more fps either way the only change would be if something broke or was damaged .
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
Normous

Post by Normous »

FNARSCOT wrote:"same limbs different power strokes on the matrix lineup." I Read the 380 has 260 limbs and the 405 has 290 an 1/4" longer stroke to give you 25 more fps either way the only change would be if something broke or was damaged .
The difference in stroke between the 380 and 405 is 3/4", well .8" to be exact.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have the 355 and to me it's the perfect balance of speed and size. I am 100% happy with my bow and have zero regrets buying it. Now if it had a camo rail I would be 200% happy. LOL!!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

I'm in the same boat as you, I have a vortex now and want to go into the matrix lineup. Shorter and narrow, I shot the matrix 380 and its great, but really do I need something this fast. I mainly hunt deer, so I think I might just go with the matrix 355 which is more than enough speed . I still have time to decide but I hope you make the right choice