New crossbow in the making?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lswoody

Re: New crossbow in the making?

Post by lswoody »

lvt01 wrote:I have to disagree with the more wear and tear with the Matrix 355. I can't say how many arrows I've shot out of it....probably close to 350-400+ and have the same flemish string on it and doesn't show much wear on the serving at all. I thought the same thing that they were going to eat servings for lunch, but thus far it's been pretty easy on them. I'd compare it to not much different than my Ibex was. Overall, I've been pretty satified with the bow and really don't miss the Ibex. Heck...I've hardly picked up my old brown Vixen since I got the Matrix and that Vixen is one sweet little bow to shoot.
So you ready to sell the Vixen?
Proverbs 3:5-6
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

yooper_man wrote:I owned the Equinox "The Beast", but sold it to purchase my Matrix 355. Power between the Equinox and Matrix 355 is pretty much splitting hairs. I wanted a more compact platform for ladder stands, permanent hunting blinds and easier for my daughter.

No way is the Equinox outdated. Too me no extra power is required.

Andrew
Right on Andrew as I do whole heartedly agree with ya!!!
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

lswoody wrote:
lvt01 wrote:I have to disagree with the more wear and tear with the Matrix 355. I can't say how many arrows I've shot out of it....probably close to 350-400+ and have the same flemish string on it and doesn't show much wear on the serving at all. I thought the same thing that they were going to eat servings for lunch, but thus far it's been pretty easy on them. I'd compare it to not much different than my Ibex was. Overall, I've been pretty satified with the bow and really don't miss the Ibex. Heck...I've hardly picked up my old brown Vixen since I got the Matrix and that Vixen is one sweet little bow to shoot.
So you ready to sell the Vixen?
Ha...good question. Have had it for a while and it is a sweet shooter, but ya never know...lol! :wink:

Back on the subject of new models though. I had heard the rumor of 1 in the near 400 fps and 1 about 315 fps, but I guess we'll know when we actually see them.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

When does Excalibur announce or introduce new models, is there a certain time of year they roll out the new goodies?
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

A short limbed unit with short SMF composite rail 300-330fps might be a nice compact little shooter.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I won't need any other bows other than my 355 i'm a happy camper!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

I look for the top 4 Bows below the Matrix Series to be replace in 2014, with possibly one in the below 200# range.
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

There will always be a newer model in the works. That's the way sales and free enterprise works. As for the Equinox ever being outdated, if Bill T can take down a bull elephant with one. Enough said.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

UPSMAN wrote:There will always be a newer model in the works. That's the way sales and free enterprise works. As for the Equinox ever being outdated, if Bill T can take down a bull elephant with one. Enough said.
X2
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Aaahh, the 405 finally arrives; gotta be a bit of a brute to pull back almost 300 pounds 14 inches though..I like it, just not sure its worth the 1300 bones? I might just use the old Equinox for a while while I decide..
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

schrona1 wrote:Aaahh, the 405 finally arrives; gotta be a bit of a brute to pull back almost 300 pounds 14 inches though..I like it, just not sure its worth the 1300 bones? I might just use the old Equinox for a while while I decide..
With a draw weight of 290lbs on the Matrix 405 Mega, it would be only 145lbs of effort to cock using the rope cocking device.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's