Dry Fired the ExoMax - Now Fixed!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Hey Guest,

The best man at my wedding is a machinist at a top notch shop. He's built stuff that has gone up on the space shuttle for Canadian satellites. When he first saw my bow he said he could machine me any replacement parts like the riser or the DB bars, but I don't like to mess with perfection. For the price of a new set of bars, I'll just buy them. He can straighten out my existing bars with a press he has at work then I'll have a back up pair. But I've heard they will not be as strong once they have been bent?

Besides, I just confirmed with BJ to ship me a new set... :D
Deadeye

This is just my observation

Post by Deadeye »

Here's what I think.....

My whole remark to this senerio is "Just don't make a dry fire" !!!!
It saves all this trouble and problems.. You may say OH!, but it will surley happen to you, but...........Safety first! Know your target, know your weapon....Slow down and mentally know exactly what you're doing, especially if you want to keep your thumb with an Excalibur!

Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
Jimmy G.

Post by Jimmy G. »

Since now, I never dry fired my Excalibur. The reason is, I once dry fired a Barnett Compound and it was a "great experience"! :lol:
Even the Excalibur could handle dry shots better I'm always "awake" at that point... :wink:
One question: When I repair the cable system of the Barnett, are there any dangers to shoot it again? Can someone be injured?
Partikle

She's quiet again

Post by Partikle »

Last night I put the new dissipator bars on that I ordered from BJ and the loud noise is gone. Thanks for all your help guys and thanks to BJ for getting me my parts so quickly.

I think I looked to confirm I had a bold in the bow about 5 times before every shot! :lol:

Nick
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I have an over the riser type quiver bracket and my wife attached aa label to it that say "BOLT" ?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

raydaughety wrote:I have an over the riser type quiver bracket and my wife attached aa label to it that say "BOLT" ?
:D :D :D

similar but unrelated...I thought you would find this interesting.

I know a family that drag races pro-stock cars. One brother drives, the other is pit-chief. At one race, the pit-chief failed to remove the hair pin that holds the chute in, and when the driver went to pull the chute at the end of the strip it didn't come out. He had to get on the (inadequate) brakes at 200+ MPH and lost control, crashed and was a bit messed up. Luckily he lived to tell about it.

Now, he won't launch until his pit-chief holds up the hair pin for him to see at the starting lights. No more chute dry-fires for him, I'll tell you!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Red Label wrote: similar but unrelated...I thought you would find this interesting.
When I was a kid in the army we were tossing "Mills 36 grenades" These were WW2 issue (No!! I'm not that old ...yet) We had to unpack them, remove the grease and then fuse them.

One guy tossed one and the thing never blew. That meant the the officer and the guy had to go through certain drills related to duds, which included puting a charge on it and blowing it up. Scary thing to do.

Anyway at the end of the day there was an extra fuse. :shock: The officer was not amused. The guy was on spam duties up to his eyeballs in grease for a week. This guy turned out to be the biggest dud going. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.