fletching question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

diesel

Re: fletching question

Post by diesel »

Here is a post made by a friend of mine . I call him friend the same as I call many here a friend . He does this with all the arrows he fletches andsay it works better than spine testing. Using the RAM spine tester works well but he says this works even better. This video is on a guy using a golf club shaft but the same thing apply.

"In the following video, it shows what can be accomplished by just using a few simple tools and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to under stand the water flows better down hill. The same principle hold true to a shaft in motion it will always move to where the lest resistance to it's movement is."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oncXSFLR5RE
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

That was pretty cool! something else for me to try an always looking for a way to pick out my best arrows. Thanks!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Galgo wrote:Today I spun my arrow on the spinner and found that that all "settled" at a particular point. I am assuming (i know) that they are settling where the maximum amount of arrow material along its length pulls the arrow to the bottom. \i marked that bottom side as the spine and will place my cock fletch there and see what happens.

F
I basically do the same, but mark the top side and put the cock vane there. My thought is when the arrow is fired and initially flexes, the front and back will contact the rail because I have the weaker side down. But I have heard of guys doing exactly what you are doing. Either way it should add consistency. You may not see any difference with field points only. But you might with BHs.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

It's funny 8 years ago when I started hunting with an Excalibur crossbow, I killed deer just fine with the stock arrows that came with the bow. Then I changed broadheads to get more weight forward and it killed deer just fine, then I did my own fletching and moved to smaller blazers and it killed em just fine. Now I have cut the arrows down to 18", inserted brass inserts, custom wraps and vanes and lumenoks, square both ends including the brass inserts, find the spine and I figure the arrows will do exactly the same thing that the stock arrows did 8 years ago...kill deer :roll:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Yeah..... but now you kill them better :mrgreen:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><