Can you cock your 380 while sitting down?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Roadrunnr72

Can you cock your 380 while sitting down?

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I have a Phoenix and want to upgrade. After several suggestions in another thread I started, I am wanting a 380. Why? Camo rail, ADF on it, REDS already on it. For the extra $$$ I think it's a better deal. I bought the Phoenix because I hunt from a tree stand, and didn't want to over bow my self. I can easily cock the bow, while sitting in my stand. Most of the time, I pull the bow up, cocked, with NO arrow in it, but when I do shoot, I always reload.

Anyone try to cock the 380 while sitting? Either in a chair, or better yet, in a tree stand?.....Thanks.....RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Species8472

Re: Can you cock your 380 while sitting down?

Post by Species8472 »

I've done it in a chair in the blind probably half a dozen times. It is definitely harder than when standing but certainly manageable.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Hunter from Hell

Post by Hunter from Hell »

I have cocked my 380 while sitting in a chair but I am 6'2" seems that
height plays a very large part in it
Matrix 380 Extra
150g Bolt cutters
Diablo Bolts
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm 6' tall and did this just the other day when sighting in. I duplicated my ground blind and was shooting from a chair using my tripod rest and loading from my chair. Honestly, absolutely NO PROBLEM. Don't sweat it.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I think height will definitely play into it...I am 5'4" and I know there would be no way I could cock it in a tree stand sitting down...

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Roadrunnr72 wrote:I have a Phoenix and want to upgrade. After several suggestions in another thread I started, I am wanting a 380. Why? Camo rail, ADF on it, REDS already on it. For the extra $$$ I think it's a better deal. I bought the Phoenix because I hunt from a tree stand, and didn't want to over bow my self. I can easily cock the bow, while sitting in my stand. Most of the time, I pull the bow up, cocked, with NO arrow in it, but when I do shoot, I always reload.

Anyone try to cock the 380 while sitting? Either in a chair, or better yet, in a tree stand?.....Thanks.....RR
I have the 355 and since it is close to the 380 I am giving my 2 cents. I am 5' 10"and disabled and cock the 355 sitting down without any issue. I did shorten the cocker rope another 2" or so
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Sounds good. I actuallyjust shortened my rope on my Phoenix, and it made a big difference. Had never thought about it until reading a little on here about the Matrix bows. I am 6'1" and think I shouldn't have much problems. Thanks everyone for the responses.......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals