Hard Case for an Ibex?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SlackjawedSasquatch

Hard Case for an Ibex?

Post by SlackjawedSasquatch »

Does Excalibur make a hard case? If not who does? I need to store my Ibex in a place where things might get bumped around and I don't want to worry about it. Plus it would be nice to be able to lock it up.
Ibex / Firebolts

"Mandrake..."
"Yes Jack?"
"Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?"
wheelie

Re: Hard Case for an Ibex?

Post by wheelie »

HUH? Lock away. Such fine art should hang on a wall for everyone to see. :wink:
Waif

Post by Waif »

Plano makes um. E-bay had some salvage on the manta model or something to do with packaging ,fifty bucks a couple night ago.,usually around a hundred. Their other case higher priced. Excalibur on this forum in the instructional videos shows how to load your bow into a double gun case,(pull two bolts,but I suspect quiver may need to come off also.) for travel. More compact and a quality case can be locked. Poor quality can be opened at ends when locked. Some bow cases can fit a cross bow that,s broke down ,others require a mod of cutting near handle area to allow stirrup to poke out. But hey,stirrup is only another couple bolts,just don,t lose them.Tape to inside case inside a small bag with wrenches and a label ,maybe even diagram.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

that plano manta #1133 (?) looks like a perfect fit for the "older" non-matrix Excals. Had I known about them last year, I would have bought one instead of the excal soft case.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

To bad you do not live near me, I'd trade you, I have the hard case which is a very nice solid case but I have found it to be too big and bulky for my car, but be awesome to throw in the back of a pickup truck.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

go with a double rifle case.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I agree with upsman on the double gun case. I have a mana 1133 which does allow you to put any of the Excalibur bows in without taking anything apart or removing the scope. It also has lots of room for arrows, quiver, spare parts, even a small family (if you pack it right :D ). But it is huge!!! I have packed everything up and carried it in the back of my tundra and not given it a second thought as I know it is well protected.

Having said that, I have also used a bullet proof skb quad gun case which allowed me to not only pack up my bow but also a shotgun and rifle . I did have to remove the 2 bolts holding the riser to the rail but I do that anyway to store it in my gun safe so it was no big deal. That is the great thing about these bows, you can remove the riser and put it back without changing poi at all.

If I was going to buy a new case I would get a top quality double gun case that I could use for a wider variety of toys and fit it in a much smaller space.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

I got a hard vertical bow case that I use. Once you take the limbs off, you can fit it in there perfectly and have room for quiver arrows tool box, etc. Mine has several places you can position the velcro straps, so I have both pieces strapped down as well so it isnt banging around loosely.