just how accurate is your excaliber..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

guest/buckslayer

just how accurate is your excaliber..

Post by guest/buckslayer »

not for hunting purposes just wondering how far can hit hit a pieplate with your excaliber 50 yards?and what are your groupings like at 30-35 yards..??
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I have had my Exomag for about 6 months. In that time, I have shot three Robin Hoods from 40 yards. In thirty years of shooting vertical bow I have only done it once before. I am a slow learner :oops: so now shoot at different spots on the target. Generally, I can keep inch and a half to two inch groups at 40 yards. I have only shot 50 yards a couple of times, but kept them in the 3"to 4" range. At twenty to thirty they are all right together. The Excalibur doesn't let you down. If I throw one it's my fault, not the bow.
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

pie plates at 50 yards , no problem ! coffee cups at 50 yards , no problems .

I think if you search bach thru the threads you will find many people posting pictures of mutiple arrow hits in the same spot .......

I shoot many different Excalibur crossbows . 20 to 35 yards should be considered ideal distance for an un-alert whitetail with an Exocet , Viven , Wolverine , or Relayer . All these bows are cabable of target shots 35 to 65 yards in the hands of a practiced individual .... but on a live animal I don't recommend it ( too much time for the animal to move ).

Move that ideal distance .... 35 to 45 with a 200lb Exomag or an Exomax .

Above ranges are based on my personal experience only .... every experienced hunter knows his limitations , and ideal harvesting distance has always been a good subject for debate ! :wink:
Digger

Post by Digger »

Right 25 yards, left 35yards. What else can I say, I have a dozen of these since I started shooting Excaliburs in 1992.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
A.W

Post by A.W »

Digger wrote:Right 25 yards, left 35yards. What else can I say, I have a dozen of these since I started shooting Excaliburs in 1992.

Digger
Huh. Slow learner. :cry: :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I'm afraid to shot at the same spot at 30 yards. As far as 50 yards goes when I have someone out who is new to shooting crossbows I like to have them shoot at clay pigeons. I just put the pigeon on the back stop and let them fire away. When they hit the pigeon you see the smiles come out. I have to say I can hit the clay pigeons all day long but that is because I have the Vari-Zone scope now. When I was using a Red Dot I couldn't make the 50 yard shots on a regular basis. The bow is far more accurate then I can shoot.
I shoot a Vixen and would never take a 50 yard shot on a deer. I limit myself to around 35 yards. 45 yards on live game seems far to me but I have never fired an Exomax. If I could pick up 10 yards I would consider buying an additional bow.
buckslayer/

good idea

Post by buckslayer/ »

thanks for the idea about the clay pigeons great idea..
striper

Post by striper »

How accurate is my Exocet? More accurate than I am. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Roy65

Coconuts

Post by Roy65 »

Would never shoot a game animal at this distance, but i got 2 out of 3 coconuts at 63 yds via bushnell yardage pro. & Bench rest. It was fun shooting various fruits and veggies at unmarked yardages. Needless toi say, my 2 sons did outshoot the old man. - Roy65
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

8) With my MAX I can group 5 to 6 bolts in the head of a life size elk target at 70 yards, useing my 50 yard point about an inch high visualy above the head, off my bench rest !! with less than a 2" gap , and still have to use a lot of force to extract them from the target. This is not a shot I would ever take while hunting , but it just shows how much power and accuracy this weapon has , These are not toy's , they are made for hunting. And should be treated with the utmost respect ! This weapon does not give the user the right to atempt rifle range shot's . Respect of your quary and etheical hunting practices are what a sportsman is all about. I love to target practice at long range, as I am sure all of you do too! But lets remeber that most game with a VERT. or X-BOW are taken under 20 yard's , And any recurve or long bow over 35 lbs. will do the job !!. So lets remember that we are just bow hunters FIRST! and use a different weapon,
And keep our sport free from the crap that is throne our way by so called sportsman with real hunting bow's!! GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Deadly accurate!... :D

But you know what they say... " it takes more than a fast car to win a race "
In other words, the shooter HAS to do his/her part as well...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

BUCKSLAYER.................Pie plate & 80yds! 1/1/4 groups @ 30yds! Thats what Excals ALL ABOUT......
aubie515

Post by aubie515 »

Digger...very nice visuals...I keep on reading about the "robin hood" that occurs...I still haven't taken my new Phoenix out yet. I finally put the vari zone on it, but I haven't had the time to take some shots yet.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

The bow is more accurate than I am.

Most of the "paper cup at 50 yards" is by using a good rest.

When we go offhand that will jump up to the "pie plate". At least for me.

I zero in my crossbow by sandbagging it and then I practice shooting offhand.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
tatman1315

wow

Post by tatman1315 »

Just got my exocet 200 today and I shot 20 times and I almost robin hood at 50 Yards. You guys were right don't aim in the same spot twice.