Heavy arrows for Aus buff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dash

Re: Heavy arrows for Aus buff

Post by Dash »

I use 470-520 grain arrows for all game here. I prefer the stability of the heavier arrow, but with the higher poundage bows penetration isn't usually a problem even with a lighter arrow. Shaft is only 10.5gr/inch with the extra weight being up front with brass inserts.
Although not the most difficult animal to hunt, don't get caught in a situation with him close and head on to you. Theres a good video on utube of a bloke who got into pretty sticky situation with a bow :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nchunterkw

Re: Heavy arrows for Aus buff

Post by nchunterkw »

MickB wrote:Thanks again, as mentioned I am not overly advanced and my post was probably a bit misleading- 500-550 is where I was aiming as opposed to the 700+ which will be something for later.

I was thinking I might try some of the 20" alum 2219 352 grain arrows as advertised and put a decent broadhead 150-170grains on them. Which will get me into the 500grain+ level without too much fuss. Would these be worth trying without further modification?

Still good information being passed around though on ultra heavy arrows so feel free to keep it going.
A 20" FMJ Bolt shaft (specific for crossbows) with a brass insert and 150gr head should be about 575gr.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><