String builders thread

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lovelight

Re: String builders thread

Post by lovelight »

Maybe that's the real lesson of this thread? Don't give Boo any crap about how long it takes to build a string or the cost. :D Most people can make a decent, usable string but the best takes time and experience that few of us will ever be able to develop.

I happen to love the process and do-it-yourself nature of string building. There is great satisfaction in doing it. This was a huge factor in my choice of Excalibur in a region where crossbow supplies are still in very lean supply. But I will say that test driving a crossbow string on a 240# bow vs. a longbow string on a 70# longbow is a different experience. It really makes you think twice about your methods.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I give Boo crap every time i see him! Maybe next month :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Dash

Post by Dash »

I remember pestering cossack and boo for tips on material and methods etc as I was unsure of many things "thanks guys". But the best thing is to make a string using rough measurements and then see where you may need help from there. After your first string it sometimes becomes obvious where you need to make adjustments :roll: :lol: but your right lovelight, with a short string your measurents are crucial. As no 2 people twist the same theres a lot of fine tuning before you get your method right.