NAP Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gtonini

NAP Broadheads

Post by gtonini »

I'm going to try these 100grain just wondering if you guys practice with them or just practice with your field points ?
Rev X
Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
wheelie

Re: NAP Broadheads

Post by wheelie »

I have about a dozen NAP Bloodrunners. Used to hit with field points with compound vertical bows but not now with crossbows. I use one just to set my scope. All through the year I practise with field points.
gtonini

Post by gtonini »

Crossbow Spitfire Broadhead
Rev X
Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I strongly recommend test shooting ANY bh before hunting with it. Don't trust me or any advertising claims or anyone else. The proof is in the results that YOU see so sacrifice a bh and shoot it from different arrows and you'll have complete confidence in what you're shooting or throw it in the junk pile. :D :shock:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have shot the Spitfires fer yrs. My 1st one i taped closed & shot sighted in my scope. Since then i don't as they hit wid-in a 1/2" of field pts out to 50 yds from my Vixens. I have shot many many times wid'em over the yrs & unlike some ppl. a 4" group at 40 yds is super fer deer huntin. I find me a soccerball sized hole to shoot thru when deer ease by & its dead deer in few seconds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

In my experience, if you have good straight arrows that spin true with adequate fletching you can have any BH (fixed or mech) hit with field points. Fixed BHs are MUCH less forgiving than most mechs so it taked more work. The Spitfires should be about dead on with your FPs as Vixenmaster says with about any arrow. If I were you I would sight in with FPs and try one or 2 Spitfires to convince myself all is well, and then go hunt with them. If you can find a longer field point to kind of matchup length-wise with the Spitfire, it might help a little bit but that is being really nit-picky. I'm an engineer so that's just me. :mrgreen:

IF...when you try your Spitfires you don't get FP POI, I would venture a guess that you have arrow issues. Those BHs should fly very well.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Let us know how they fly.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
strum

Post by strum »

gtonini wrote:Crossbow Spitfire Broadhead
I haven't tried them but my bet is they are going to fly great!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
GGC

Post by GGC »

Give NAP a call, they have practice heads (for Spitfires) available to match the broadhead.
Worth the small price. I like the Thunderheads, but the Spitfires did not hold up for me. POI for the field points and any broadhead does not have to be the same and should not be expected. Sometimes you get lucky.
GGC
rej

Post by rej »

Lots of good advice here about doing your own testing. lots of suppliers offer practice heads so ya can keep your hunting heads sharp. I use one NAP bh and really like it, the 125 gr. Hell Razor Crossbow. This is a fixed COC bh and on tough skinned game like moose it shines. It is tough and easy to sharpen, even in the field. I prefer the reliability of a fixed bh and spend time tuning them in. While you are finding your best poison consider my personal favorite, the Slick Trick 175 gr. xbow magnum. For me these have same POI as field point and they don't know when to stop. Have fun with your testing.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

gtonini wrote:I'm going to try these 100grain just wondering if you guys practice with them or just practice with your field points ?
I have not shot the crossbow spitfire but have used regular spitfire from my vortex (and a tenpoint many years ago) and most recently the spitfire maxx from my matrix 355 and have found that shooting a broadhead is not necessary. I site in with target points then I confirm with the spitfire practice head. it has been what has worked for me over the last 14 years. in the early years I did shoot a broad head after sighting in.
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Buck i shot at 6 yds wid a 100gr Spitfire!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315