Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Red Label

Marmora area / Cordova Mines

Post by Red Label »

Anybody from that neck of the woods?

Mike
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

I have relatives that live up there and I us to be up there all the time when I was was in high school, I had a few guys that I use to hunt with up there.
shoot straight stay late.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

you have a PM coming soon.

Mike
justinmch

Marmora area/Cordova Mines

Post by justinmch »

Born and brought up in Marmora. Haven't lived there for 35 years but still have family there and do some hunting and fishing in the area. I might be able to help.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Hey Red Label now your talking about my neck of the woods. What brings you to Marmora? I hunt with my father inlaw there. He has half a island and the other half is owned by conservation. We also hunt a large farm there which has not been worked in a while. Are you looking at hunting around the minds! there is a friend of ours that ownes 200 next to them and he has told us to hunt it if we want.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Guys,

I have access to 175 acres there...never seen the property.

Aaron's gonna scout it a bit for me if he's up that way visiting relatives.

Mikey Vee
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

We really should keep in touch. I only hunt up there with my crossbow as I know you do Red Label. Maybe a few of us could meet up for a hard core crossbow hunt I know a great butcher in Marmora.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Tigerpaw,

didn't you hunt near Hamilton last fall?

maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else.....arrowed deer chased away by German Shepherd dog....was that you? My mind might be slipping.... :wink:

Mikey Vee
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

You got it Red Lable I am the one and the same. I didn,t think that anyone would even remember my old postes. If you look a bit futher along in my different postes you will see the antlers that recovrd from that deer. I sure wish that I was able to get that buck right after I shot it. I have always been able to get nice bucks in marmora but I never shot one with as big a bodiy as the one in smithville. Maybe it is the fact that down here the deer eat alot of corn ect. I will tell you one thing thuogh the famrs places that we hunt was a large buck on it and I don,t think he eats muck corn.!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Me again DAM it, It looks like I can not spell. I think that I should have my- self proof read.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I not only remember your post about hitting the deer, I remember your antler recovery too. I offered to come down that weekend with my canoe, remember?

Still sharp as a freakin' tack I am!! :wink:

I don't know if I'll ever hunt Marmora or not...it's a long way from home. We'll see what Aaron thinks of it, & that's only IF the permission I had last year is still valid.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

If you or anyone else that is a crossbow hunter would be interested give me a pm.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

P.S. Thank you for the offer last year on the canoe Red Label and thank you to the other guys that gave me some good advice on the hunt. Good luck to all and may our women be as our deer. THE HORNYIER THE BETTER!!!!!!!!!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Aaron,

I emailed my buddy about his Mom's place in Marmora....will advise you of his reply shortly.

PS - thanks for calling DarrylDb for me - I got his PM on CGN forum.

Mikey
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

No problem Mike, just let me know when ever you hear.

Glad that Darryl Pm'ed you I just havppened to remember this morning that one of his friends was looking at possible getting a bow.

Aaron
shoot straight stay late.