Tiller Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

michigan man

Tiller Question

Post by michigan man »

I just got a new 355, I haven't even shot it yet. I checked the tiller and it is off 1/32nd of an inch. Should I be concerned about this? What it effect broadhead flight? Thanks
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
racking up points

Re: Tiller Question

Post by racking up points »

Where are you measuring this? I assume you are looking at the REDS. If so, it could be that one of the bumpers isn't set all the way in. Loosen the set screws, push in the REDS and re tighten the set screw. Check that.

1/32" is nothing. Especially if you are measuring on either side of the rail. I had a bow that was 1/8" off on either side of the rail and broadheads flew fine out to 40y. I replaced the limbs only because the bumpers were not wearing evenly, and it looked funny to me, not because of accuracy issues.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
michigan man

Re: Tiller Question

Post by michigan man »

racking up points wrote:Where are you measuring this? I assume you are looking at the REDS. If so, it could be that one of the bumpers isn't set all the way in. Loosen the set screws, push in the REDS and re tighten the set screw. Check that.

1/32" is nothing. Especially if you are measuring on either side of the rail. I had a bow that was 1/8" off on either side of the rail and broadheads flew fine out to 40y. I replaced the limbs only because the bumpers were not wearing evenly, and it looked funny to me, not because of accuracy issues.
I'm measuring from the limb to the string by the rail on both sides. This is my first crossbow and I thought the tiller would be perfect. Thanks guys for the answers, I kinda thought I was worrying about little things.
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em