330 or 355 what to pick. Help?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onegunguitar

Re: 330 or 355 what to pick. Help?

Post by onegunguitar »

I just picked my 355 up today and cocking it is pretty easy,you can tell there's 240lbs. there but it isn't a problem. Anxious to get to shooting it but that probably won't happen til next week,won't be home most of the weekend :( It sure is a sweet xbow :D
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Wyvern's has the 330 on their website as a bare bow. I'm glad to see them offering that option, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a full package all at one time. For me it doesn't seem to sting as bad if I can build a rig little by little. :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I will be buying the bow as the light stuff package. I'm going to swap out the Vari zone scope with my shadow zone scope. Gonna put the bumpers, cheek piece, sling, all that fun stuff. Ill get that new tombstone case too.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Kegbelly wrote:Wyvern's has the 330 on their website as a bare bow. I'm glad to see them offering that option, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a full package all at one time. For me it doesn't seem to sting as bad if I can build a rig little by little. :D
I don't read it that way. I read it you buy the bare bow and package it the way you want it. You know anyone that walked away with a bare bow other than the 405 ? I find out you can believe me I will be complaining to Excalibur as to why The Bowshop does not have that option in Canada.

From the website:

CUSTOMIZE YOUR MATRIX BOW PACKAGE!!!!!!

WE ARE SELLING THE MATRIX BOWS AS "BARE BOW" KITS!!

CHOOSE YOUR BOW THEN BUILD YOUR CUSTOM BOW KIT FROM OUR LIST OF OPTIONS OR GIVE US A CALL AND WE CAN SET UP A KIT TO YOUR NEEDS!!!!!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

wheelie wrote:
Kegbelly wrote:Wyvern's has the 330 on their website as a bare bow. I'm glad to see them offering that option, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a full package all at one time. For me it doesn't seem to sting as bad if I can build a rig little by little. :D
I don't read it that way. I read it you buy the bare bow and package it the way you want it. You know anyone that walked away with a bare bow other than the 405 ? I find out you can believe me I will be complaining to Excalibur as to why The Bowshop does not have that option in Canada.

From the website:

CHOOSE YOUR BOW THEN BUILD YOUR CUSTOM BOW KIT FROM OUR LIST OF OPTIONS OR GIVE US A CALL AND WE CAN SET UP A KIT TO YOUR NEEDS!!!!!
Wheelie I just ordered a bare bow Matrix 330 from Dave at Wyverns last week for my wife, the only thing I added was the anti dry fire and the baby bumpers. His barebow price is $599.00. I had everything else already.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

wheelie wrote:

From the website:

I've talked to Wyvern's regarding the 405, but no i havent specifically inquired about the 330 as a bare bow but it's listed that way on the website. That's how I read it anyhow.
edit... oops just saw Hester305's post after I sent mine, sorry
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hester0305 wrote:
wheelie wrote:

From the website:

Wheelie I just ordered a bare bow Matrix 330 from Dave at Wyverns last week for my wife, the only thing I added was the anti dry fire and the baby bumpers. His barebow price is $599.00. I had everything else already.
Guess I am wrong. Thanks for clearing this up. :D

Post by newbie »

xcaliber wrote:Newbie, have you had your mitts on a 330? Please tell more! I'm liking that model from what I have read, especially since you can put your own goodies on it.

Thanks,
Dan

I had my mitts on a cut down 355 for good portion of last summer. A friend had one cut down and offered it to me to toy around with. It was a pure joy to cock and shoot all day long. My wife couldnt cock my 355 but had no issues with the "330".
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
tommybobusa

Post by tommybobusa »

I just bought a Matrix 355 BARE BOW from David at Wyvern's Creations . In fact He offers ANY Matrix crossbow in a Bare Bow Option . Great to deal with decent prices and Free Shipping in USA .
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

get them both, problems solved! 8)
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Was at my dealers yesterday to purchase a new matrix .
I tried cocking the 330, 355 and the 380, did not notice much difference in cocking any of them.
Ended up purchasing a new Matrix 380. Cant wait for a little warmer weather to try it out. :D
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

JUDGE wrote:Was at my dealers yesterday to purchase a new matrix .
I tried cocking the 330, 355 and the 380, did not notice much difference in cocking any of them.
Ended up purchasing a new Matrix 380. Cant wait for a little warmer weather to try it out. :D
Good choice you wont be dissapointed :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Alefone

Post by Alefone »

I had a same dilemma just few weeks ago and waited fro 330 to come out.I did compare them one next to the other and the only deference I noticed is that 330 is shorter in length then 355,not much else at all.I am sure that everything else is the same.I could not cock them.....Anyhow I end up with 355 and have no regrets AT ALL.Love that crossbow......So wrong choice between these two you can't make:)

Good luck:)
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

330 will be the easiest to cock and probably excals best seller, or close the best. I ordered both the 330 and 405 from Wyvern. Its great buying bare bow
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380