Deer Crossing arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one eye joe

Deer Crossing arrows

Post by one eye joe »

Has anybody used these? If so, I would appreciate your views on what you like and don't like about them. I am working with them to try to get a better selection of crossbow arrows, and would appreciate any input.

If you aren't familiar with them, check out their web site. If you decide to try some out, use code Joe53 for 10% off on any order.

If this breaks any rules, please delete.

Thanks,
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads
Backstraps

Re: Deer Crossing arrows

Post by Backstraps »

I bought a half dozen last spring to try out and I wasn't overly impressed with their quality. Their service was great and they did ship fast so that is a positive. Unfortunately none of the brass inserts were squared so broadheads wobbled badly on every arrow I got. When spun on an arrow spinner at least 2 of them wobbled pretty good in the tail section as well. It just looked like the shafts weren't very straight on at least a couple of them. There was also quite a bit of excess glue around the base of the vanes. They grouped about 3" at 30 yards with field points. I never got around to trying them with broadheads. A three inch group with field points and broadhead wobble convinced me to cut my losses and move on and the DCA arrows have sat ever since. Long story short, their service was good but the product was not.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I also bought a half dozen arrows.I only use them for target shooting.From my personal view point I would not use them as a hunting arrow.The arrows shot very well for target but not good enough when I put my broadheads(150 grn Boltcutter)on them.The arrows are tough and hold up well for target shooting.The main selling point is the price on the arrows.If you cannot afford high quality arrows,I would recommend the Deer Crossing Arrows.They would work for hunting but if you are a perfectionist like most bow hunters are,then you would prefer a different arrow for hunting.Like previously stated,customer service is very good and the prices are good.
one eye joe

Post by one eye joe »

Thanks for the views on their product. They are in the growing stage and have had some problems with the assembly operation. If they can get that ironed out, maybe they can make a place for themselves.

I bought a half dozen .003's, and they are grouping right at 3" at 40 yards. Hope to give them a better workout when the weather decides to be nice for a while.
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads