Cutting Down a Rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Cutting Down a Rail

Post by Galgo »

I want to convert an exocet 200 to a 150lb draw. Any idea if anyone in Canada can cut and machine the rail? I know Danny Miller does but would like not to deal with trans-border issues. Thx,

F
munch

Re: Cutting Down a Rail

Post by munch »

where are you located .i had the one milled at a local shop here then cut it myself to lenght and redrilled holes . im south of woodstock
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thx Munch - Toronto. Hey I asked you a question about your string Jig on the trading Post, let me know.

Thx
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I sent my Equinox rail to Danny Miller and I am in Ontario with no issues. His machinest did a perfect job. If you want it done right see an expert. It can be a nightmare if its not done to the proper specs.

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thanks Jeff!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

You would want two inchs off. So your back hole would become the front hole. I just took mine to my local machine shop. He does a lot of custom work for my business and has made me some unbelievable parts that were no longer available or could not buy. Saved my customers thousands of dollars. He looked at rail and knew exactly what I wanted. If you want exactly 150, Danny has done enough of them and things would likely be exact likely. Mr. Munch would be a good idea to. Was going to send mine to him but my guy was so comfortable with the idea and his past record with me is unbelieveable that I felt very comfortable in knowing it would be done right.
munch

Post by munch »

wheelie wrote:You would want two inchs off. So your back hole would become the front hole. I just took mine to my local machine shop. He does a lot of custom work for my business and has made me some unbelievable parts that were no longer available or could not buy. Saved my customers thousands of dollars. He looked at rail and knew exactly what I wanted. If you want exactly 150, Danny has done enough of them and things would likely be exact likely. Mr. Munch would be a good idea to. Was going to send mine to him but my guy was so comfortable with the idea and his past record with me is unbelieveable that I felt very comfortable in knowing it would be done right.
kevin any machine shop can do it .it only cost me $8 the price of a round of coffee at the shop my stepson works at. its a 20 min job from setup to finish to mill the extra off .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook