What's a Fair Price?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Re: What's a Fair Price?

Post by Kegbelly »

JPjunkie wrote:
Kegbelly wrote:
onebigskittle wrote:Do a raffle and get so much a chance for so many chances, Take a poll on who wants to take a chance or two and maybe you will get what it is worth. Just a thought. 10.00 a chance ...say 20-25 chances.
Great idea, I'll take a chance on that!
Folks south of that border probably cant play :( Do to shippin over that line :lol:
:lol: :lol: The war's over JP :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Kegbelly wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:
Kegbelly wrote: Great idea, I'll take a chance on that!
Folks south
:lol: :lol: The war's over JP :lol: :lol:
Thats funny Keg I mean the Canadian border :lol: :lol: Are you Blonde :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Yooper Man will talk everybody out of the raffle cause its not Leupold :lol: :lol:
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

JPjunkie wrote:Thats funny Keg I mean the Canadian border :lol: :lol: Are you Blonde :lol: :lol:
Nope not blonde but I do have my fair share of brain farts :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380
Exomag
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Kegbelly wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:Thats funny Keg I mean the Canadian border :lol: :lol: Are you Blonde :lol: :lol:
Nope not blonde but I do have my fair share of brain farts :lol: :lol:
Its all good Ive been known to Shart myself :lol: :lol:
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I could be wrong but the last DLX I saw on the trading post sold with rings and went for $165 shipped to the US. It was not NIB but that should give you a basis for reasonable comparison and I think it also started out around the $180 mark.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Leupold is a great product . But be careful about putting our noses up in the air when it comes to Excalibur's "Chinese" made scopes . Only the gold ring Leupold's are assembled in the U.S.A but the lenses come from Asia. And I know that my Nikon was made in Taiwan. A good scope is a good scope and a bad one is bad. If we think U.S.A means only quality and Asia only makes junk . We are being naive . Before someone jumps down my throat. Let me say that I have work on machines from around the world for the past 35 years and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what country they came from . Some are made well and some are junk.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

LongCarbine wrote:Leupold is a great product . But be careful about putting our noses up in the air when it comes to Excalibur's "Chinese" made scopes . Only the gold ring Leupold's are assembled in the U.S.A but the lenses come from Asia. And I know that my Nikon was made in Taiwan. A good scope is a good scope and a bad one is bad. If we think U.S.A means only quality and Asia only makes junk . We are being naive . Before someone jumps down my throat. Let me say that I have work on machines from around the world for the past 35 years and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what country they came from . Some are made well and some are junk.
In a nutshell right there :wink:
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

The thing is the quality control can be real sketchy with the "cheap imported scopes". I bought a package gun some years back with what amounted to a $30 Simmons scope on it that actually turned out to be a pretty decent scope, hunted with it for 2 years and took a few deer with it. It wasn't a Leupold but that's not what I paid for and not what I expected to get. The next package gun was a .22 with the exact same scope, absolutely would not hold zero even with subsonics, it was junk when they put it in the box. With a Leupold you pretty much can rest assured you'll get a good scope, and if you do happen to get a dud, they stand behind it.
Matrix 380
Exomag
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Kegbelly wrote:The thing is the quality control can be real sketchy with the "cheap imported scopes". I bought a package gun some years back with what amounted to a $30 Simmons scope on it that actually turned out to be a pretty decent scope, hunted with it for 2 years and took a few deer with it. It wasn't a Leupold but that's not what I paid for and not what I expected to get. The next package gun was a .22 with the exact same scope, absolutely would not hold zero even with subsonics, it was junk when they put it in the box. With a Leupold you pretty much can rest assured you'll get a good scope, and if you do happen to get a dud, they stand behind it.
Excalibur stands behind theres too :D Are you still shootin the TactZone
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

LongCarbine wrote:Leupold is a great product . But be careful about putting our noses up in the air when it comes to Excalibur's "Chinese" made scopes . Only the gold ring Leupold's are assembled in the U.S.A but the lenses come from Asia. And I know that my Nikon was made in Taiwan. A good scope is a good scope and a bad one is bad. If we think U.S.A means only quality and Asia only makes junk . We are being naive . Before someone jumps down my throat. Let me say that I have work on machines from around the world for the past 35 years and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what country they came from . Some are made well and some are junk.
Correct, Leupold quote says it best.

"Leupold uses foreign sourced components for some parts of Golden Ring products, primarily lenses. This is because at this time, there is no American manufacturer that can supply the quantity of high quality lenses that Leupold needs for its annual Golden Ring Optics production. Leupold’s lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers, in its state-of -the-art optics lab and then procured from outside vendors who must meet stringent quality standards.

Incoming parts are carefully inspected in our testing facility before they are accepted into the assembly process. Incidentally, all major optics producers worldwide acquire some or all of their glass from the same sources as Leupold. Some of these sources are located domestically, some are European, and some are Asian. Leupold has acquired its lenses this way for over 50 years."

http://www.leupold.com/about-us/america ... authority/

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

JPjunkie wrote:Excalibur stands behind theres too :D Are you still shootin the TactZone
Yes Excal stands behind their stuff no question, I'm more referring to if you go buy a cheapo scope off the shelf, you might just get stuck with whatever you got.

Still shooting the TZ, I'm liking it. At higher powers you can tell its not a Zwarovksi :lol: but it's holding zero dead bang, so far so good. I think in our little microcosm here the problems with the TZ might appear worse than they really are on the whole.
Matrix 380
Exomag
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Kegbelly wrote: At higher powers you can tell its not a Zwarovksi :lol: but it's holding zero dead bang, so far so good. I think in our little microcosm here the problems with the TZ might appear worse than they really are on the whole.
Love the Zwarovksi's
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Kegbelly wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:Excalibur stands behind theres too :D Are you still shootin the TactZone
Yes Excal stands behind their stuff no question, I'm more referring to if you go buy a cheapo scope off the shelf, you might just get stuck with whatever you got.

Still shooting the TZ, I'm liking it. At higher powers you can tell its not a Zwarovksi :lol: but it's holding zero dead bang, so far so good. I think in our little microcosm here the problems with the TZ might appear worse than they really are on the whole.
Thats the point I was pushin Mine was good If I do put a scope on the 405 Im puttin a TactZone on it Im debatin shootin it either no sights or one pin It should shoot flat out to 45 yrds
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

tman74 wrote:I was sorta thinking $180 ish. I bought it to put on a Matrix but sold it before I could mount the scope. Thanks for your input guys.

Also is it legal to ship scopes across the border to the US? I know a lot of US retailers won't ship to Canada.
$180 is 40% less than $300. My suggested price was a bit more conservative at 50% off $300, but that's my nature. I say post it in the Trading post at your price and let it ride.

I am not sure of the legality in shipping a scope from Canada to the U.S.A., but it has been discussed here in the past.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's