Anyone mount a

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

massbow

Anyone mount a

Post by massbow »

I phone to their matrix? And if so how did it work? Im thinking very good until the shot.
Team 355
Bullzeye

Re: Anyone mount a

Post by Bullzeye »

I remember reading a thread on this, and I know many have done it on their rifles, there is even an app you can you to turn your phone into a scope,I personally would be worried about recoil damaging my phone.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

you can buy an iphone mount in many hunting store.
I rather use my phone as a phone while hunting so it does not drained down the battery which goes quick when cold outside anyway.
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
cb750

Post by cb750 »

What is your intent with mounting the iphone? Is it to record your shot?, use an app of some sort? I am curious because those things a re versatile. I have seen an attachment and app that gives it thermal imaging abilities. Not sure if it was an in the future type thing or if they are actually available.

I have a sony action cam (Sony's answer to GoPro) that I intend to mount, somehow to record shots because I think it would give interesting feed back. It can record in slow motion and may give me an idea if my trigger manipulation is off.

Yes I understand where the bolt hits will also show this but with these bows groups are very tight. Consider it an aid to help me pick fly poop out of pepper.
Equinox
massbow

Post by massbow »

My intent was to record the shot to review hit placement.
Team 355
roly

Post by roly »

cb750 wrote:

I have a sony action cam (Sony's answer to GoPro) that I intend to mount, somehow to record shots because I think it would give interesting feed back. It can record in slow motion and may give me an idea if my trigger manipulation is off.

I have been looking at getting the sony cam
How do you like it so far.