Lead Sled

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

axiluc

Re: Lead Sled

Post by axiluc »

i have one and i use it for my 300win mag its just like shooting a pellet gun once u put the weights in it , and i also use it with my matrix 380 its great for zeroing in it takes away the guessing of a bad shot pretty solide tool i love it
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

Hi5 wrote:Mine is like the one in the photos. The problem with the adjustment on that model is that After you make the adjustment, you have to lock it by turning the crown knob. As it tightens, it moves the ledge that your gun rests upon. That means that your adjustment is locked, but you moved off target.

There are other models that have a better system. Afyter you adjust it onto target, it doesn't move around as you lock it onto that setting.

If I could get my money back by selling mine I would. I would get the better designed make. They are out there. However, I won't give up entirely on mine. I does work. It's just not as convenient as it should be, and if I were starting over, I wouldn't buy it.
Hi5 Iam considering the led sled to. I would like to know what other better brands you are talking about?

Thanks Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I suggest you google " shooting rest" and "shooting rest review" and see what you get. Do a bit of research and see if the makers describe an adjustment system that would overcome the problem I described. I recall reading on another forum a chap describing how his rest performed better than the Lead Sled for the reasons I described. I don't remember the brand.

The Lead Sled works. It's just like saying that the Model "A" Ford works. It does. However, there are improvements that can be made, and apparently have been.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

Works great for the 3.5" turtkey loads!
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the led sled for me has been great. with guns i dont use any weights. lets the gun recoil a little and no worries of trashing a scope or wood stock.i never lock down the settings. i micro adjust after each shot. allows a few seconds for the barrel to cool :D
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

foofoo wrote:the led sled for me has been great. with guns i dont use any weights. lets the gun recoil a little and no worries of trashing a scope or wood stock.i never lock down the settings. i micro adjust after each shot. allows a few seconds for the barrel to cool :D
Good point
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.