Whats Better

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jd4223

Re: Whats Better

Post by jd4223 »

I've never hunted a turkey with a bow.Would I use a broadhead or a different type head?I've used Judo Points when hunting small game with a bow but was wondering what the most common head to use for turkey.I'm wondering if the type of broadhead used would make a difference in damaging meat on the turkey.
strum

Post by strum »

georgiaboy wrote:Drumsticks for me!! :D :mrgreen:

drumsticks ... I pressure cook with thigh...then make some of the best turk stew ever ..I think Onebigskittle taught me that trick ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

strum wrote:

drumsticks ... I pressure cook with thigh...then make some of the best turk stew ever ..I think Onebigskittle taught me that trick ..
Taste like Chicken :wink:
strum

Post by strum »

onebigskittle wrote:
strum wrote:

Taste like Chicken :wink:
actually..the meat reminds me of roast beef..i don't think anyone who didn't know would be able to guess what it is. just good
I did try some breast meat in a soup too.. it was a lot more like chiky meat ..but better
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

jd4223 wrote:I've never hunted a turkey with a bow.Would I use a broadhead or a different type head?I've used Judo Points when hunting small game with a bow but was wondering what the most common head to use for turkey.I'm wondering if the type of broadhead used would make a difference in damaging meat on the turkey.
Most use a wide cut mechanical...spitfire for me.
I don't worry about damaging meat, i can eat all the way to the entrance wound. :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Twisted Mister

Post by Twisted Mister »

JPjunkie wrote:
mr meat wrote:Can,t eat spurs or beards! so i,ll say big breasts :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Thats some funny shiznit there Thanks for the responses You guys that are talking about have got me thinkin about shootin one this year
From what the guys say, you mean shooting at one! :lol: :lol:
rayman

Post by rayman »

There is a satisfaction that comes from getting a tom with a good set of hooks, big rope too, but most of the time I would just as soon shoot a jake. :)
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I would have to say it is better to have turkeys to hunt, :lol: :lol: :lol: . We have no wild turkeys here. One of these days though I will make a trip and harvest me one of them Thunder Chickens. It gives me goose bumps just to think and write about it. You folks that have wild turkeys are so lucky.
Thanks,
Raymond