Parts needed for old crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schrona1

Parts needed for old crossbow

Post by schrona1 »

Does anybody know where a guy can find parts for an old Bear Devastator crossbow? I was shooting it the other day and the rest that holds the bolt, made up of three flat pieces of medal which are riveted to the end of the bow, broke. It was the bottom finger that just let go.. I haven't shot it much compared to the equinox, but it was my dad's crossbow and it holds a lot of sentimental value, any help would be much appreciated.. Thank you.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Parts needed for old crossbow

Post by Doe Master »

Try Danny Miller . He has been fixing crossbows for a while . He may have your part .
Good luck
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I saw 4 xbows for sale a while back in a convenience store of all places in Ok. There was a 'Hunter' [old 10 pt] 2 Devastators and a fourth one I didn't know about,never had seen one before.

Prices were about $100-$150. Let me know if you want one.......
"Eze 18:21"
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

I guess finding parts for a crossbow from the better part of two decades might be like searching for hen's teeth; I might just have to spend the hundred or so dollars for a complete unit and part it out :(
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

My advice would be to hang your dad's bow on the wall and get a different one to shoot . There is one on ebay that is nearly new going for $50 at auction .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads