Whats your favorit trail cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pinesap

Whats your favorit trail cam

Post by Pinesap »

I have a bushnell that cost the most and never seemed to work that well now it just takes a pic when ever i have the interval set for until the card is full. Im sending it back. I have a moultrie m80 that seems to work work the best. A stealth cam that works ok but its big compared to the others. Just wondering what you guys are using and how you like them.
Farmer

Re: Whats your favorit trail cam

Post by Farmer »

I have a pile of cameras

2 Bushnell 8mp xlt units .... probably the best overall , decent trigger time , good battery life , and many setting options .

1 HCO scoutguard , co mpact good trigger speed , good picture quality , good battery life , many setting options , but it has a remote you have to plug in to program or view images .Using the the remote takes time to get used to kind of clunky .

3 spypoints , easy to set up --- ( small switches ) very good image quality , so so trigger speed ... great night flash , limited settings ( my biggest beef is the the fact the shortest delay option is 1 minute ). Case is a little big but camera sits inside a housing --- seals the best of any of my camera .

2 stealth camera's .... 1 is jimugus , the 2nd one is called the unit ... the jimungus camera is poop ....would make a great decoy camera as it is about the size of a 1978 Chevy pickup ... The Unit is about the size of the bushnell , set up is kind of clunky , picture quailty is good , flash not bad , you can get up to 9 pictures in burst mode , but it eats AA batteries with a fury .. Have since set up the camera with a 12 volt lawnmower battery and a solar panel .

Have yet to find the perfect camera , wish there was a way to combine features .
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Cuddeback ambush IR....fast trigger. .8 AAs last 1000s of pics.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sony s600 Fast hack white flash with external D's
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I use the Reconyx HC500 which has been great for 4 years of use. This model takes 12 rechargeable AAs and they last a couple of weeks which is about how often I check/change the SDHC memory card.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Running 2 bushnells My older one died 2009 /2010 version then a friend that has the same recommended stay with the small 2-4 mb card's for the old one as I had put a 8 mb card in when it quit. Did that and it came back to life? No idea why but it has kept working since? My newer one I can run the larger card's no problem. So far with the exception of that small glitch both mine have been good. Like the battery life of them I put mine on 5mp instead of 8 as I don't need fine detail just what is going on out there and hopefully count point's on a rack if I get the right pic.
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Cuddeback great trail cam leading into fields and I use plotwatcher to watch field its like watching a movie with all your favorite cast DEER!! :D
A stupid question is a question never asked
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Have three, all Moultries (2- M80X Camo, 1-M880) they all work great.

Had a Bushnell Trophy which was crap (Day pic turned out pink) so return it.

Had a Spypoint IR7, simple to use, but larger and not as nice as my Moultries, so returned it.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I have tried several but for reliability the Reconyx has no equal. They cost a bit more up front but I usually get at least a year out of a set of lithium batteries. They also have the fastest shutter speed of any trail cam so they catch clear pictures instead of a blur. I have a few wild game innovation cams that I got on sale that I can pop up to check out a potential spot. They are hard on batteries however I have had a couple cams disappear last year which ticked me off but then that's why I used the cheap ones there. It would make me sick to lose a reconyx.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

Hey guys i have a few two legged creatures on 4 wheeled machines who are running over our posted signs and mud bogging in the food plot areas we have worked very hard on... :evil: Do you guys have any good cam suggestions for getting the pics sent to me as they are tearing up the woods ,.... or as they are stealing the trail cam?? this kind of stuff is sooo freakn disheartening... :(

thanks for any help.... its all happening on a 104 acre lease in Jackson Co. Ohio.