Rail lube?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buttnbuck

Rail lube?

Post by buttnbuck »

What is everyone using for rail lube these days? The Exo series, i was using Horton rail lube :oops: , seems to keep the center servings in good shape, does Evxcalibur have anything out just as good for the new Matrix series?
Significent

Re: Rail lube?

Post by Significent »

When I bought my Matrix 380 a couple months ago, Danny Miller told me not to put anything on the rail or string. I shot it that way for a while but then found me some Dalton 2000 High Speed String Conditioner and put a tiny amount on the string servings only. The endless loop string that Danny provided with the bow seems pretty tough. I'm considering putting a little bees wax on the loop ends. Haven't decided yet.
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm Shotgun
18" Black Eagle Executioners
Swhacker Crossbow 100gr (see avatar)
GTFG Lumenoks
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

jigaloo on the rail works for me. dries fast and no sticky residue. spray on rag then wipe rail, ultra slick :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Keep the rail clean, and lube the center serving, works great for me! It won't hurt to lube the rail though.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I keep the rail clean. For lube on the rail I was using jiggaloo as well then was introduced to Scorpion Venom crossbow rail lube. Amazing stuff! I've seen some people that actually wax their rails. It looks horrible in my opinion and I think it would slow your string down dragging across that muck.

Wolf
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
Dash

Post by Dash »

I clean the rail with a light silicon spray and rag. The slight silicon residue left on the rail stops wax build up on the rail, and eliminates any friction between the waxy string and rail.