Tombstone size

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sullyy

Tombstone size

Post by sullyy »

Anyone have the dimensions of the tombstone case?
Trying to decide between it and the tarantula.

Thanks!
yooper_man

Re: Tombstone size

Post by yooper_man »

sullyy wrote:Anyone have the dimensions of the tombstone case?
Trying to decide between it and the tarantula.

Thanks!
I can't help you with the size of the Tombstone case, but the price was a huge deciding factor for me. A person can truly purchase two Tarantula cases to one Tombstone case.

Here is a link to the Tarantula case with free shipping.
http://www.scheels.com/shop/en/scheels- ... B0200CM-V3

I love this case for my Matrix 355.

I wanted a padded soft side case, so I looked at the Tarantula CB0200CM camo deluxe crossbow case. It is well made and properly padded. The Tarantula comes with a small tackle box and has a pouch that holds my MTM crossbow bolt box. This case fits my Matrix 355 30.5" limbs perfectly and isn't too long in the length.

Anyone with the Matrix 330 / 355 / 380 / 405 looking for a high quality soft side case this one is suitable. Plus it comes with a forever warranty.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
sullyy

Post by sullyy »

Thanks, I did notice the price difference.

That being said, I still want to know the size difference before buying. Size is a consideration for me as I carry the bow cased long distances through some thick woods.....
whitetail1

Post by whitetail1 »

I bought a Tombstone for my Matrix 405. It is 40" long x 33" wide x 10" deep. I like it. It has a compartment for the quiver, and another compartment for accessories such as rope cocking aid, spare strings, spare stringer, etc. :D
Tom
Matrix 405
Stock Diablos w/NAP FOC
DeerBoyArchery String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

I also purchased a Tombstone Case for my Matrix 380...I t is very well made, compartments are roomy, the tie down strap is helpful....If I have to pick on one thing that I am a little disappointed with, it is the fact that the zipper does not go all of the way around....this means that you are left trying more to slide your xbow into the case instead of the placing it in...not such a difficult thing to do in the daytime but could pose somewhat of an issue early in the morning or in the dark at the end of the hunt....

I saw the Tarantula at Cabelas in Pa....given the option and the cost differential if I had to do it over again...I might have gone with the Tarantula....

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings