Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
frisky

Re: O/T Weekend Project

Post by frisky »

I just replaced the floor of my 4x6 trailer. Sheet of 3/4 treated plywood cut to size. I replaced the carriage bolts like the original. 28, 5/16 bolts. I hung my trailer by the tounge in the garage. That way every bolt was at eye or stool level.
Very nice job on yours, I know what work was involved. :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
munch

Post by munch »

looks like brand new . should be good for years
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Kegbelly....very impressed with the job you did....

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
rayman

Post by rayman »

If I think a project is going to take a Saturday afternoon and everything I need is in the shed, it usually ends up taking three full weekends and several evenings, and about 24 trips to various hardware, lumber, and equipment rental stores.

Had to put a new deck on my trailer last year. After looking at it a couple of times, I copped out and took it to a buddy who started a small welding shop.
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

Awesome job restoring that Ol Trailer!!! :D Good as New!!! :P
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
ArrowSlinger

Post by ArrowSlinger »

Sweet! What a difference it made! Your oil/diesel preserve is interesting...im keeping that in mind....wonder how long it will "stink"???
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

rayman wrote:If I think a project is going to take a Saturday afternoon and everything I need is in the shed, it usually ends up taking three full weekends and several evenings, and about 24 trips to various hardware, lumber, and equipment rental stores.
Rayman, you said it all! I figured I'd knock this project out in a single weekend... NOT!!
Had to put a new deck on my trailer last year. After looking at it a couple of times, I copped out and took it to a buddy who started a small welding shop.
After doing this, I'd say that was a smart move :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

ArrowSlinger wrote:Sweet! What a difference it made! Your oil/diesel preserve is interesting...im keeping that in mind....wonder how long it will "stink"???
That was a concern for me too. My brother did his with the diesel and oil, he said after a couple weeks in the sun the smell is pretty much gone. Mine still has a little aroma when you get within a few feet of it, but it's only been a week, and I slopped it on pretty heavy (2 coats). Overkill is my middle name :lol: It's all soaked into the wood now though, not shiny like in the pictures. Plus we've had a ton of rain which I'm sure washed some of it off the surface. It looks good, and it's not slick when it's wet, also a big consideration.
Matrix 380
Exomag
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Well... I thought I was done with this project last weekend, but when I unhitched it from the truck, I laid the trailer pigtail up on the tongue of the trailer, as I've always done. Somehow it fell down and when I pulled away the pigtail hung between the ball and drop hitch on my truck and yanked the 7-way plug completely off the trailer wires. I heard/felt it tug and in my mirror I saw the plug rolling across the driveway... @%&$*#$!!! :oops: I would have made a sailor blush with my verbiage! And apparently it jerked some wires loose or cut them enough to cause electrical problems. Lights/turn signals would work sometimes, sometimes not, my brake controller would work when it was in the mood. :x So after chasing electrical gremlins all week I finally said heck with this, and yesterday I rewired every inch including the brakes with quality 12 gauge stranded copper wire. The fun never ends :lol: :lol: But it's done now, and done right :D
Matrix 380
Exomag
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Nice rig, very well done. I have a 5 ft X 8 ft trailer and I need to do some work on it when my back lets me do it. I have the paint and some strap rings to mount also on it, no wood it is all metal. The floor is made of galvanized walkway with holes in it, perfect for drainage. When I need to haul gravel or something like that I drop two pieces of plywood in the bottom of the trailer and I am ready to go, which works perfect.
Raymond