I was shooting my TT trigger on Monday!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: I was shooting my TT trigger on Monday!

Post by xcaliber »

I just might get one after the deer season ends.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:I'll say it again, I like the stock trigger! But you guys are wearing me down! :lol: :lol: On a scale from 1-10, how do they rate compared to the stock trigger, 10 being the top? Also, 2 stage is the way to go, right? :shock:
I bought my original Vortex online before I knew really anything. So it has the stock trigger. Then I bought a used Vortex from Danny Miller. It has a stock trigger but it is WAY better than the original. I figure either he or Boo worked it over. Then I bought a TT for my original. It is a step up from the re-worked one. So to put numbers to it, the stock is probably a 3-4, the reworked is a 6-7 and the TT is a 9-10. To me the TT really shines at longer distance. To answer your other question, IMO if you are a hunter go with the 2 stage, esp. if you will ever wear gloves. Otherwise I think the single would be super sweet. That shot would surprise you every time.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I figure Marie's will go to Danny Miller fer his trigger Magic. Bet it will run an 8! :D Soon very soon
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I have a 2 stage in my 330 i had it put in before I got it.
I then bought a 380 it came with the factory trigger. After shooting it the first day. I ordered a single stage trigger the next day. There that good IMO.
I like the single stage best. But there both very good.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

vixenmaster wrote:Marie's trigger has 100 shots to go fer 300. If'en it ain't come up to par, it will go to Excal fer warranteed Rehab! I tell you rigth now i wouldn't hunt wid Marie, i would have to take Miss Vixen as her trigger is right :)
Mike send your trigger to BOO he did wonders on my Matrix 380 trigger for a lot less than a TT.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

have a 2.5 and the single stage i really like the single stage.after shooting a tt stock is not in the same ball park. but i have not shot a boo trigger .i am sure that would make a great change on the stock. (ttRates 10) in my book
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Factory trigger.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Fandex

Post by Fandex »

Hi, i'm new on the forum, i bought a matrix 330 and i'm very happy!
i try to follow new posts, and this tt trigger is puzzling me.
I don't know which trigger is installed on my bow, but i can identifie 2 stage, when i pull the trigger softly. So, if i'm carrefull, i have a very smooth release, and a good grouping.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fandex wrote:Hi, i'm new on the forum, i bought a matrix 330 and i'm very happy!
I don't know which trigger is installed on my bow, but i can identifie 2 stage, when i pull the trigger softly. So, if i'm carrefull, i have a very smooth release, and a good grouping.
Welcome to the Forum. New Excal Matrix models don't come wid a TT triger. Its an after market trigger & i hear a very good one
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

IMO the biggest advantage to a light trigger. Is shooting free hand and that's how I make 90% or better of my hunting shots. Off a bench my finger can learn where a trigger breaks. And I can shoot it great. But free hand it's harder for my finger to slip up on the break while trying to hold the bow still.
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

Anybody know offhand what a Boo or Danny Miller trigger job runs on a stock trigger?
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

Fandex wrote:Hi, i'm new on the forum, i bought a matrix 330 and i'm very happy!
Hi,

The stock trigger in your Excal is not a two-stage trigger. A TriggerTech trigger is an aftermarket option for Excalibur Crossbows (soon to be others). You can see a lot of info on them here: www.triggertech.com

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for any questions.

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

TT
Fandex

Post by Fandex »

In fact, i know my original matrix trigger is not a tt trigger, but really, when i pay attention, i can feel a first stage, and then i aim precisely and push again the trigger and release is surprising and smooth.
I'm sure other matrix shooter can testify what i'm telling about.
Whatever, i'm for sure more than satisfied with my new crossbow!
And thanks to everyone who answered althought i won't by actually a new trigger!