26" Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rufus

26" Matrix

Post by Rufus »

I would like to see a matrix 310 with 26" limbs , how sweet that would be.
foofoo

Re: 26" Matrix

Post by foofoo »

22" would be better lol. i guess they have reached the limits on current technology. doubt youll see shorter limbs til theres different materials available.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I couldn't cock it for sure.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

I don't think they are at the limit. I think we will see 26" or even less maybe. There are narrower bows out there than the matrix line and if they can do it I'm sure Excal can.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I'm all for it :). Bring on the narrower excal
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

pinshooter wrote:I don't think they are at the limit. I think we will see 26" or even less maybe. There are narrower bows out there than the matrix line and if they can do it I'm sure Excal can.
barnett has the recruit short limb recurve but its basically low power.i seen middleton has 28 inch limbs but also alot of issues. going shorter you get into extreme string angle issues and heavy power strokes. i was told Excalibur Matrix limbs are the same material as the long limbs but designed differently and wider.unless different materials come about i dont think youll see much shorter limbs for a long time.i bet fiberglass has its limits of reliability as you go shorter.
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

foofoo wrote:
pinshooter wrote:I don't think they are at the limit. I think we will see 26" or even less maybe. There are narrower bows out there than the matrix line and if they can do it I'm sure Excal can.
barnett has the recruit short limb recurve but its basically low power.i seen middleton has 28 inch limbs but also alot of issues. going shorter you get into extreme string angle issues and heavy power strokes. i was told Excalibur Matrix limbs are the same material as the long limbs but designed differently and wider.unless different materials come about i dont think youll see much shorter limbs for a long time.i bet fiberglass has its limits of reliability as you go shorter.
I don't know but I wouldn't bet the farm it will be many years :)
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

foofoo wrote:22" would be better lol. i guess they have reached the limits on current technology. doubt youll see shorter limbs til theres different materials available.
Agreed! 22" Recurve...WoW! Maybe in a Decade.
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

It doesn't have to be that hard. They could give us a 28 1/2" bow by just doing away with the broadhead cutout in the riser. Something unneeded with the shorter bows anyway. Just redo the riser move the limbs closer and shave some weight off the bow to boot.

Plus I would think the limb material is plenty strong enough as is. After all there doing the work on the 405 right. So shorting by a 1" or 2. I guy wouldn't think it would be landing on the moon hard :).
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

if shorter models can be squeezed out of current technology i would bet they are already being planned :idea:. i bet you see other players in the short recurve market over time. Parker use to have a recurve and surprised Tenpoint hasnt developed shorter recurve limbs by now with there recurves. as an accessory id like to see a stream lined skeletonized replacement stock for the Matrix. i love the current design but i think a bare bones super light weight stock for hunting would be a winner.