Matrix and Grizztricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Matrix and Grizztricks

Post by Hester0305 »

Well I got my Matrix out and did some field point and broadhead comparison out to 40 yards with my Grizztrick 125's. I started at 30 and shot 5 shots and then went to 40 yards and shot 5 shots. The broadheads hit 1/2 inch left of my field points each time, I'm very well pleased with the Grizztricks that I switched to this year. I've been trying different fixed blade broadheads since last year, I killed 4 deer with 3 different broadheads last year and liked them all but I switched from my Slick Trick Mags to the Grizztricks only because of the bigger cutting diamter of the Grizztricks. I will only shoot broadheads the last week before season starts getting both of the matrix bows dialed in. I have both the Grizztricks and the Grizztrick 2's 125's and they both shoot the same these should get some blood on the a couple of months.

My wife's Matrix 330 will be armed with QAD Exodus 100gr. this is the broadhead combination that she likes and its a tack driver also.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
bob watkins

Re: Matrix and Grizztricks

Post by bob watkins »

i just tried these on a bear did a good job . they fly very good proably be my go to head this year. matrix 380@ 369fps
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If they go where you aim, success is achieved. Sounds like you're ready.
Good luck this season.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

There my go to head in both my 380 and 330. Spot on out to 60 yds.
If they don't change them I won't change from them:)
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I actually like the ferrel on the Grizztricks better than the Grizztrick 2's it looks stronger. I found out the blades don't interchange on these two even though they're both a 1 1/4 inch cut. I bought several packs of each and I'll shoot them both, some deer and maybe even a bear may have a bad day with these heads. We actually get to bait for bear this year the opening week of season it has to be unprocessed food. I had about a 300 pounder come and lay in my corn pile last year for about 20 minutes and all I did was take pictures of him and he was jet black and prettier and bigger than the one I killed a couple of years ago.
Stryker Katana 360
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

The old grizztrick while I liked them. They were bad about snapping off right at the insert. If you hit something hard. And the blades were no where as good as the new blades. But they killed deer :)
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

We had our normal Sunday shooting day today an my son gets out a pack of grizztricks an they had a nice long, pointy, narrow tip compared to my magnums . They shot great an supprized me on how they did on our penetration test . they put a nice hole in our quarry belt an were very sharp. a fine broadhead like the other slicktricks in my book!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Thanks guys for the information it won't be long and I'll get to try them out.
Stryker Katana 360