new broadheads and vanes - is it just BS?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

new broadheads and vanes - is it just BS?

Post by wabi »

It seems like I've been seeing ads for a lot of new broadheads & vanes that are designed to "steer the arrow from the front" or "add rotation to you arrow". I'm questioning why none of these adds make any designation of right or left hand. Seems to me if you had a right helical fletch on your arrow and the new vane or broadhead was designed to impart spin in the opposite direction it would be counter productive?
Not trying to dispute the claims, just wondering why no mention of direction of rotation.
wabi
gad

Post by gad »

I am also bored because that. I am waiting to come a pack of crimson talon's to be used with gold tips. Gold tips makes shaft rotates to left, and, after I have bougth the talons, I see a picture of a talon and it makes the shaft rotates to right.

When it comes, I will test it and post the results. Of course, I am waiting to my MAX (anxiously) to come.

May be on the next week end I have the results in hands.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

wabi reckon I am :? on this one. I know left/right spin from flecthing but not with broad heads. Everything I have read on the subject of left or right spin states it makes no difference in which way the arrow spins.

Now if you have your arrows flecthed fer right spin and broad heads fer left spin I reckon it would sorta, kinda, I think maybe make your arrow/bolt unstable :shock: :wink:

Seriously I did not know they had broad heads set up fer left or right spin. You now have me re-reading all my mags looking at Broadheads, have sure seen a lot of new and interesting vanes on the market now.

God Bless all
Always learning!!
Home fer now!