Broken Limb on Matrix 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joepr

Broken Limb on Matrix 330

Post by joepr »

Today 7/22/2014, while zeroing my matrix 330 crossbow with Hunting Broadheads, the left limb's tip where the string is attached to broke off when I pulled the trigger. The bolt was placed correctly as it had been for the over 100 times I had fired it before. I have attached pictures to illustrate the damage. :cry:
vixenmaster

Re: Broken Limb on Matrix 330

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum, sorry to hear of the limb tip break. Speck Excal help on the limbs. I didn't see the pics ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Don't worry, Excalibur will take care of you! :mrgreen:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Welcome to the forum ! Sorry to hear about your limb tip . Excal will make it right , hang in there .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Please contact us at 800-463-1817 ext. 204 and Dawn will look after getting your crossbow fixed.

Peter
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome to the forum. Contact them as you were instructed and you will be taken care of. You will like your choice of crossbow.
Raymond
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Please contact us at 800-463-1817 ext. 204 and Dawn will look after getting your crossbow fixed.

Peter
It don't get any better than that.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

8ptbuk wrote:Welcome to the forum ! Sorry to hear about your limb tip . Excal will make it right , hang in there .
You need to teach that scripture in your avatar to Dano :wink: Just saying :lol:
Last edited by JPjunkie on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

They will fix you up! Welcome, and sorry to hear about your limb tip.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
joepr

Post by joepr »

Sent the limb section to an authorized repair facility in PA. Thankfully the breakage happened at an archery range. Couldnt find the bolt with rage broadhead. I hope its not lodge in somebody's pet. This is not supposed to happen with an excalibur. Hopefully ill get it back befor urban-archery season starts.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

things break.did you have string stops.? did you keep an eye on the brace height .if you havent twisted up your string to proper specs after shooting it a while and being brand new you may have run your string too low. if you run it low ive read where a few others may have broken limb tips off.if it makes you feel better ive been through a dozen excaliburs without a limb issue.they will make it right! and yes this does happen to Excaliburs. just hardly ever :wink: get it fixed and get back to shooting. :mrgreen:
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

joepr wrote:Sent the limb section to an authorized repair facility in PA. Thankfully the breakage happened at an archery range. Couldnt find the bolt with rage broadhead. I hope its not lodge in somebody's pet. This is not supposed to happen with an excalibur. Hopefully ill get it back befor urban-archery season starts.
X2 on what foofoo said. Be sure to keep a check on your brace height. It needs to be at the mark on the rail. I'm not saying you did this but it puts more pressure on the limb tips if the brace goes beyond the mark.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
joepr

Post by joepr »

Foofoo in the instructions it didn't say anything about twisted strings or watching brace height. Did I miss something? BTW the limbs are on their way back to me. What a customer service. Thanks Excalibur. Hope it doesnt happen again.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i believe you might have an old manual.if its not in your manual i would contact your service center for specific instructions as to where the string brace height should be for your model xbow. to make things easier you could pick up a set of reds string stops and a stringer. after you install the string stops it helps to keep an eye on the space between the string and the rubber pads. theres no more issues running the string too low when breaking in a new string if you watch and make sure there is a gap. i like to keep a gap of about 2 string thickness distance. do a search on here about twisting your strings to adjust brace height. its not hard. just gotta make sure your going in the proper direction depending on how the string is served. twisting a string shortens it up and makes your brace height higher.best of luck with your new limbs!
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

It's apparent that Excalibur needs to address the brace height issue. I was in a pro shop yesterday, and every Excal in there had the brace height way too low. Dave at Wyvern says the Matrix line all needs at least a 5/8" brace height measured from the riser/rail junction. That's a goodly distance from the string stops!

Another thing I'd love to see is the limb tips being pinned as well as epoxied. That would go a long ways towards keeping the limb tips attached even if the brace height was too low, or in the case of a dryfire, etc.

~E