Blazers hitting my rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Blazers hitting my rail

Post by Boo »

If your Blazers are actually just touching nothing will come if it. If you are saying that you think they are touching from what you see on the Blazer then first look at the edge of the riser channel where it meets the rail channel as well as where the bolt comes up to hold the riser to the rail.
Excaliber had a few risers where the channel of the riser was not deep enough by a few thou. I've also seen where there was a bur where the riser to rail bolt hole was tapped.
The way rails are made it is doubtful that the slot in the rail is not deep enough.
Believe it or if a Blazer is just touching anywhere it will not effect accuracy.
Are you seeing a bit of coloured plastic dust in the broadhead channel?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
crp

Post by crp »

I fletched up an arrow today with a Quick fletch Quick Spin and was getting 1 hole groups at 25 yards with plenty of clearence in the rail. I think I'll go with those and take the Blazers back. Thanks for everyone's help.
Matrix 355, Leupold VX 2 1x4, 17" BEE's, Shuttle T Broadheads

Post by newbie »

my blazers rub the rail close to bottom but up the left side more. Does not cause accuracy issues unless as Don said the riser to rail joint is high on the riser side or a burr on the threads catching the vane.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!