Matrix 330 gets pimped out with Triggertech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SniperWolf

Matrix 330 gets pimped out with Triggertech

Post by SniperWolf »

So I read thread after thread. I checked out the web site. I watched their little videos. I was gonna wait until after the hunt to get one, I swear it's the truth. I took the plunge and ordered a trigger tech unit and after installing it I tried it out today.
The reason why I got one was simple enough. Didn't like the creep in the stock trigger. I missed the fine trigger action that my old Exomax used to flaunt at me. I wanted that feeling again. I was not disappointed. What a nice trigger to shoot!!! I got the hunter 2.5 and it breaks so clean.
When you first start to squeeze, the trigger rolls to a wall ( this is what it feels like to me). This is the part that you can turn down a shot and the trigger will roll to it's original position (watch the video and you will know what I'm talking about). Squeeze against the wall and like a rifle the trigger breaks clean with absolutely no creep. I'm very happy with this latest addition. The install wasn't bad at all. I did experience some difficulty getting the trigger tech to seat proper in the rail but I did get it. I highly recommend one of these units to anyone who wants a finer trigger.
Now here is a question:
You know how Bill T would give a shot of WD-40 through the safety and pull the trigger a bunch of times to lubricate/maintain the trigger unit. Should I do the same thing to this trigger tech unit? Or is there a better method that I should be doing?
Thanks a lot guys for the opinions and answers

Wolf
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
rt2bowhunter

Re: Matrix 330 gets pimped out with Triggertech

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Frank at trigger tech, told me do not oil the trigger tech triggers. I ask about hunting in the rain. He said just blow it out with compressed air.
Per his words it's stainless.
I have two triggers a single and 2 stage. Great triggers IMO.
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

After some issues with stuck scope mount screws last night and help from people on this site I finally got my TT hunter 2.5 installed in my 380. The actual trigger removal and install was very easy and now I am anxious to try the TT out. Bow is a tack driver even with the original trigger but the looooooong trigger pull drove me nuts. My Exomax had a great trigger but the Matrix to me is no where near as good. I know the Matrix has more weight on it...I always take a breath and let a little out before I start my trigger pull...I had to take another breath before it released.,,lol.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have a 330 & a 355 the trigger on the 355 is fine. But the 330 was long you pulled forever. I put a stage 1 hunter trigger on it made a world of difference
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

I have a single stage in my 330 and love it. I just bought a 380 and I'm adding a two stage to it. I'm also selling my 390 and recurve only. These Matrix are tack drivers!
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Jray

Post by Jray »

SniperWolf wrote: When you first start to squeeze, the trigger rolls to a wall ( this is what it feels like to me). This is the part that you can turn down a shot and the trigger will roll to it's original position (watch the video and you will know what I'm talking about).
Wolf
This is what is called creep. I have had two TT single stage triggers and both had creep. They break clean and light when they break but they do have creep.
Jray

Post by Jray »

I'd like to know how to get it out of mine! Bought a used 355 with a TT on it and first time I shot it I figured something was wrong (or it was a two stage) because I had heard so much good about them. Talked to Frank at TT and he was very helpful and even offered to send out a replacement just in case. The replacement is the same. Can't say enough good about TT customer service but the trigger is not what i had hoped it would be. Creep is very minimal but for one who comes over from vertical and has issues with "target panic" any creep is potentially problematic. Be nice if it was like the SZ trigger.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Jray wrote:I'd like to know how to get it out of mine! Bought a used 355 with a TT on it and first time I shot it I figured something was wrong (or it was a two stage) because I had heard so much good about them. Talked to Frank at TT and he was very helpful and even offered to send out a replacement just in case. The replacement is the same. Can't say enough good about TT customer service but the trigger is not what i had hoped it would be. Creep is very minimal but for one who comes over from vertical and has issues with "target panic" any creep is potentially problematic. Be nice if it was like the SZ trigger.
It's not creep, it's a very short amount of pre-travel and it's engineered to be like that for a measure of safety and for those that prefer a 2-stage. I personally prefer them to a single stage. You sound like someone that would benefit from a single stage.

My preshot routine is simple. Take a breath while engaging the trigger, half-release the breath when I reach the wall, and then I stop breathing when I pull through it. I always try to track my arrows' flight through the scope.

Target panic was something that I struggled with, off and on, when I hunted with a vertical bow. I no longer have that problem.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Jray

Post by Jray »

It is a single stage! So it is creep but FWIW I am getting used to it a little bit. TP is not too much of an issue with shoulder fired weapons but it does breed bad habits!
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

I have one of each. In my opinion the extra money for the two stage isn't worth it to me. But that's just my opinion
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Jray

Post by Jray »

vaXbow wrote:I have one of each. In my opinion the extra money for the two stage isn't worth it to me. But that's just my opinion
I see you made it back to Matrix! Looking forward to "bleeding" a few Va deer with mine. :wink:
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Yes it's a two stage sorry. And yes that pre travel was a safety feature on the trigger that I did like.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String