Fenix Flashlight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Fenix Flashlight

Post by Hi5 »

I just bought a Fenix TK75 flashlight. I haven't read a review yet from our resident flashlight expert, Pydpiper, so I'll offer my experience.

That unit should be called their Solar Flare model. It's output is simply amazing. It has four output setting from 25 lumens to 2900, as I recall. It uses 4 18650 rechargeable batteries, and there is an available extension pack with 4 more batteries. That increases run time rather than light output. At the low setting the run time is amazing (200 hours) , even without the extra battery pack.

It's not a cheap unit (about a couple hundred bucks, depending on source, including the extra pack). But, if you want the state of the art technology in lighting, man that is impressive.
Last edited by Hi5 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Normous

Re: Fenix Flashlight

Post by Normous »

I have been a huge Fenix light fan for many years now and highly recommend the brand. I put up with expensive crappy lights before my first Fenix and I don't think I will use another light anytime soon.

www.fenixtactical.com has very good prices, service and super fast shipping. Highly recommended.

Pydpiper has been a good source light information.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have also been a big fan of Fenix lights, but have lost some of my enthusiasm with my past two purchases.

Both were headlamps, and while they work they don't seem to be quite up to the quality of my past purchases. One is a single AA battery model and the on/off switch has a pause in it (takes a couple seconds for the light to turn off after I click the switch) The other is a 2-AA battery model which was supposed to be brighter and have a lot longer run time than the single AA model, but neither seems to be true in my experience.

I do have several Fenix lights and use them almost daily. I can say I have never had one fail, and they are bright! I always have one in my hunting pack with a couple spare batteries.
wabi
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

I too will be looking into one if these Flashlight as I lost my hunting F-L during the Rifle Season.
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
Normous

Post by Normous »

My current favorite Fenix lights:

-PD 35 - 960 Lumens- AMAZING!
-HP 25 - Headlamp with 2 lights, Flood and regular lamp. Barely know you are wearing it.
-LD09 - 130 Lumen, awesome keychain or pocket light.
-PD22 - 220 Lumen BEST pocket light.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family