TriggerTech hold down spring

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ibex

TriggerTech hold down spring

Post by Ibex »

I have an Ibex. My arrow hold down spring is attached by 2 slotted screws. According to the TriggerTech web sight I will need to purchase a new hold down spring. Is this correct or can I make the original hold down spring work?

Thanks, Fran
Ibex, 3X-32 Vortex crossbow scope, GT Laser II, 125 gr. Marden Mini Mag Steel broadheads, 4 deer so far
Boo

Re: TriggerTech hold down spring

Post by Boo »

You have an older trigger unit with smaller holes than the newer trigger units, Trigger Tech included.
You'll get 2 new stainless fasteners with your Trigger Tech and they will be too big for the holes in your arrow retainer. You can buy a new arrow retainer or use a diamond burr to enlarge the holes in your old arrow retainer. DO NOT try a drill of any kind. Even a cobalt drill will do poorly in the hardened arrow retainer.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

ive drilled a few out. its not fun but can be done if you dont mind burning up the bit. i placed the retainer on a piece of 2x4 wood and used moderate down pressure. dont remember the size of the bit but it wasnt much to open up the hole.i didnt want to wait for a new one but its a better option. :P
Boo

Post by Boo »

foofoo wrote:ive drilled a few out. its not fun but can be done if you dont mind burning up the bit. i placed the retainer on a piece of 2x4 wood and used moderate down pressure. dont remember the size of the bit but it wasnt much to open up the hole.i didnt want to wait for a new one but its a better option. :P
If you plan on doing more, check out the price of diamond burrs. They are dirt cheap and last quite a while.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ibex

Post by Ibex »

Thanks for the replies,

Where can I buy a new arrow retainer with the larger holes?

Fran
Ibex, 3X-32 Vortex crossbow scope, GT Laser II, 125 gr. Marden Mini Mag Steel broadheads, 4 deer so far
Ibex

Post by Ibex »

I was able to enlarge the holes so I guess I won"t be needing a new retainer.

Thanks,

Fran
roly

Post by roly »

I must have got lucky when I did mine

I never drilled them out, I took a tap the size of the new screws (8/32nds I think) and ran the tap threw the existing holes, went real slow.

worked slick as poop.