Anyone tried theSims Vibration Limb Saver on their crossbow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Anyone tried theSims Vibration Limb Saver on their crossbow?

Post by Guest »

Saw some at Bass Pro in Okla. City and thought about getting them . They say they are for the crossbow. So has it helped with the noise & after shot movement any?
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I am also curious about this product. I thought someone on the forum had posted on this topic but my multiple searchs of the archives turned up nothing.
-Richard-
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

RichardS I posted about the finn style simms a long time back, They did help with my TenPoint but lost the ones on the front/cam side after about 50-60 shots, the pair next to the rail no problem. The ones I was using were the finn type.

I read a post where someone was trying them on the rail but have heard no results. I would think the best thing fer noise and stabilization would be the set-up digger use's. I know stabilization was not part of the question, but most stabilizers work well as a noise reduction product as well. The best would be the jelled filled style I would think.

I am going to set up a target at 20 yds and set a tape player on the top face-ing me the shooter and see just how much sound reaches the target from 20 yrds. I know the mic will not be as sensitive as a deers ears may be, but will give you /me a idea of what might be heard by the deer. Results in a couple of hours.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Done the test but am haveing trouble getting tape to computer. My mike must be self adjusting as their was VERY LITTLE change in sound from the three shooting distance's. Will keep trying and also going too try with out the external mike as it seems to be to sensitive.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I am interseted to kno the results GaryL.

Please do post them.
-Richard-
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ok redid test with tape player, used the built in mike this time and there is remarkable results. Behind the crossbow and 3 feet to the right it was loud and you can hear the bow shoot then bolt hit target. At ten yards from xbow 3 feet to the right noise was slightly less, again you can hear xbow shoot then bolt hit target. At 20 yards tape player sitting on top of target, noise was very low all you really hear is bolt hitting target.

I will transfer the tape to a computer file then post a link to the file.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
johnbuck9

limb savers

Post by johnbuck9 »

I have the limb savers on my exomax by simms,
I placed them, one on each side of the rail infront of the forstock and also put one on each side of the bottum of the riser, and it does help it is much more noticable too the person standing along side you when you shoot, at least thats what all my buddies tell me, so I had them fire the bow and I could really hear a much lesser harmonic sound, I also use stretch tubing and wrap it around the foot stirrup, this also helps.
I do not think you will ever truly quiet a crossbow,
In IMHO its more for hunters satisfaction then for the deer jumping string, so far I have had not one deer jump string on an excalibur, now Ive only hunted with the Mag, so I cannot spreak of the other models.
Hope this helps out, would like too hear GaryL's results from his tape test I thought that was really cool, Have Fun!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

JohnBuck9 sent ya a .wav file by e-mail as I did not have a site to up load to for a link. The test was done with the tape player 3ft behind and to the right for the first shot, 2nd shot 10 yds in front 3feet to right, and the last shot 20yrds tape sitting on top of target. Big delay between 2nd and third shot. Later,
GaryL
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

At the Wolf Den's 3D shoot today, one of the guys said that there's new Sims Limb Savers for Crossbows. According to him, they are installed by removing the string and sliding them up the limbs, and restringing. He said that they do reduce noise, with negligable loss of speed.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I now see vibration dampening material in such things a recoil pads for guns. Wonder if Bill T ever though of trying it in the DB pads to see if it improved them any?
PSE used/uses a vibration dampener on some of their limb bolts on some compound bow models. They simply replace the regular limb bolts and the dampener sticks out a couple inches from the bolt head. I've thought of trying these, but hate to spend $80. for the experiment :roll:

wabi