Moultrie- A-8 Trail Camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Moultrie- A-8 Trail Camera

Post by amythntr »

...thinking of purchasing this trail camera...price is reasonable and I won't be crying if stolen by the scum of the world.

...looking for feedback on this trail camera.

Thanks,

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JUSTANUFF

Re: Moultrie- A-8 Trail Camera

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Check out www.chasin-game.com,,,,,trail camera test and evaluation web page and model specific forums,,,,
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

JUSTANUFF wrote:Check out www.chasin-game.com,,,,,trail camera test and evaluation web page and model specific forums,,,,

...just as confused after reading the reviews as before....looking for actual experience with the A-8.... :?

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

got one . works great batterys last awhile . kind of confusing at first just read the instructions .and you will be fine.
W.M.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

W.Miguire wrote:got one . works great batterys last awhile . kind of confusing at first just read the instructions .and you will be fine.
W.M.

...that's what i needed to hear!....thanks for responding and Safe Hunting!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Almost all of these cameras break after a few years, stay away from wild view at all costs! Garbage camera and CS!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I have a moultrie M-80 and it's decent. Not exactly user friendly unless you read the directions. My brother bought one and it didn't work from day one. Moultrie wouldn't replace it, (he got it for Christmas and didn't open it until following hunting season and they claimed the warranty wouldn't cover it despite him just opening the package because the receipt showed a purchase date outside the warranty period). They don't stand behind the product and are inflexible with CS.

Mine has lasted 2 full seasons and that is supposed to be good...I guess.

I have an old cuddeback without all the fancy features and it has lasted 6 full seasons of use. It takes better pictures too.

Re: theft control. I always buy a lockbox and lag bolt it to a tree. This prevents the casual trespasser from messing with it, but a committed thief can steal just about anything!

Good luck with your purchase.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Riflemanz wrote:Almost all of these cameras break after a few years, stay away from wild view at all costs! Garbage camera and CS!

....that's the world we live in today..."durable goods" used to mean it would last 10-15 years...now "durable goods" mean it will last until you open up the package... :lol: :lol: :( :( :( :( :(

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

racking up points wrote:I have a moultrie M-80 and it's decent. Not exactly user friendly unless you read the directions. My brother bought one and it didn't work from day one. Moultrie wouldn't replace it, (he got it for Christmas and didn't open it until following hunting season and they claimed the warranty wouldn't cover it despite him just opening the package because the receipt showed a purchase date outside the warranty period). They don't stand behind the product and are inflexible with CS.

Mine has lasted 2 full seasons and that is supposed to be good...I guess.

I have an old cuddeback without all the fancy features and it has lasted 6 full seasons of use. It takes better pictures too.

Re: theft control. I always buy a lockbox and lag bolt it to a tree. This prevents the casual trespasser from messing with it, but a committed thief can steal just about anything!

Good luck with your purchase.
...thanks for your input...That's why i do not want to make a major investment for something that there is a good chance (IN NJ) of it being stolen.... :shock:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

get yourself a engraver and put your name on every thing you own . if your stuff gets stolen you can't prove it is yours . I have a lock box for mine . works good pain in the ear when it gets cold . when it gets cold your hands freeze and it takes a bit to open. don't do what I did and buy it from the factory . go to amazon and find a lock box . a lot cheaper.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

You won't go wrong with any Moultrie, they stand behind there cams :D I've got one i 40 7yrs old and the other 6 are 3yrs and older, don't get me wrong I've thrown some away also but they were older models, trail cams have come a long ways good luck.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Thanks guys...very appreciative information...ordered my Moultrie A-8 and lockbox...cable to follow!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings